More First lounge pilfering — champagne

Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
If you host a dinner party at yours are you ok if people take a couple of beers from your fridge to drink later when they get home?
If I'd charged then £700 each for dinner then sure, why not?
Old Jul 30, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
If you host a dinner party at yours are you ok if people take a couple of beers from your fridge to drink later when they get home?
Um.... yes?

I don't see what people are getting so worked up about in this thread. I don't have a problem with people taking opened items out of airport or hotel lounges for immediate consumption. It's not like this guy took an unopened bottle of champagne out of the lounge. I've certainly taken cups or opened bottles of water out of the lounge so I could drink it on my walk to the gate. And for all we know, the subject of the OP consumed it in the lounge.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by jonjparr
I've seen some odd analogies on FT before but this might be the oddest I've ever seen. The two aren't even comparable.

PS: And I wouldn't mind if one of my guests wanted to do that - I'm a good host.
I'd certainly be shocked if they didn't ask me first.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by Africanflyer1955
If he adds a shot of vodka it becomes a champagne mule. Very fashionable!
Learned the hard way! Back in 2002 or 2003 we ran out of mixer for the vodka at our table in a Mayfair club so used bubbly. It makes you mentally drunk which we realised a few hours later at Chelsea Police station collecting a yellow card

A local borough caution for drunk and disorderly behaviour. Have it framed as souvenir.

Sorry for OT
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Petrus
Learned the hard way! Back in 2002 or 2003 we ran out of mixer for the vodka at our table in a Mayfair club so used bubbly. It makes you mentally drunk which we realised a few hours later at Chelsea Police station collecting a yellow card

A local borough caution for drunk and disorderly behaviour. Have it framed as souvenir.

Sorry for OT
FT Mod Legend! :-::-::-:
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:21 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
This is a pretty poor analogy/comparison. I hope you get a bite though!
No, it's a very good comparison and my bite is far worse than my bark

Disgusting behaviour, justified in some minds by the advent of BoB I suppose. If I'd seen that, I'd have asked him what the hell he thought he was doing in my version of a stage shout. That is not an idle remark made when not on the scene, my husband will testify that I have already called people out. If he answered back I'd bring the Lounge Manager and he/she anyone could justify their actions accordingly.

This is spitting in the face of hospitality and I don't stand for that sort of nonsense.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Petrus

Sorry for OT
Do as Mods say, don't do as Mods do...
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I'm a bit disappointed because I thought I'd come in here and read someone took a whole bottle(s) with them.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'd certainly be shocked if they didn't ask me first.
Exactly this ^

If you're unsure...just ask! I bet that won't happen though...
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
It's an interesting thread, which reveals a lot about some of the individuals who have posted here.

Those of an older generation are slightly shocked, but morality and common sense has shifted to another plane these days.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 12:47 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by T8191
It's an interesting thread, which reveals a lot about some of the individuals who have posted here.

Those of an older generation are slightly shocked, but morality and common sense has shifted to another plane these days.
Hang on Mr. T8191 - I'm of a different generation to you but my sense of common decency is very much on the same plane and I wouldn't dream of helping myself in such a tacky manner.

Yours exasperatingly,

V10 (grumpy-old-man-long-before-his-time)
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Good for you, V10 ... there is hope for Civilisation in the future

T8191 of Offshore
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:36 pm

I have heard that in Roman times the young were criticised by the old.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by gengar
Um.... yes?

I don't see what people are getting so worked up about in this thread. I don't have a problem with people taking opened items out of airport or hotel lounges for immediate consumption. It's not like this guy took an unopened bottle of champagne out of the lounge. I've certainly taken cups or opened bottles of water out of the lounge so I could drink it on my walk to the gate. And for all we know, the subject of the OP consumed it in the lounge.
+1

Some folks around here are very specific in their opinions on the Flounge behavior. Namely, its theirs. Phone calls only in the business area. Food only in the restaurant area. No petty thievery. Certainly no sleeping (preferably only sitting up straight occupying one seat) and double certainly no children. No behavior of less quality than their own. All food and drink items consumed in acceptable quantities lest the Lord of Light a/k/a BA be somehow fraudulently duped out of an extra cookie and decides to cancel the whole shebang.

However, as is clear from the evidence, BA don't give a hoot about lounge consumption and thankfully the broader population does see it as a place to wait for a flight rather than the Hounslow branch of White's.
Old Jul 30, 2017, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Well I suppose I must be a KUL/SIN/HKG/MNL/CGK/HEL/OSL/CPH/ARN/GOT Gold

Nonetheless, I really can't get excited about people filling their own bottles with BA booze... they'll just bring more out

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.