Search

Add a car to an Amex 2-4-1

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2017, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: baec, HHonours
Add a car to an Amex 2-4-1

Hi all,
We are travelling to the states in a couple of weeks with friends, they are on a cash booking with a car that we are sharing and we are on a 2-4-1. I know I can add a car to a 2-4-1 before the first segment is flown, but if we need a small car later in the holiday can we add to the booking after the outbound is flown?
I did think of just paying cash at a rental counter, but maximising avios collection is always in the back of my mind
TIA
ss
Old Jul 29, 2017, 2:34 am

Programs: BA, LH
I think the thing to do is simply treat the car hire as a separate booking - don't try to link to your 2-4-1. You can still book via www.avisba.com. Or simply shop around for the best deal - and you can always use your saving to buy extra avios.

Chances are you'll have to pay a considerable mark-up (and get a reduced choice of vehicle) if you simply walk up to a counter.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: baec, HHonours
Originally Posted by cammyloon
I think the thing to do is simply treat the car hire as a separate booking - don't try to link to your 2-4-1. You can still book via www.avisba.com. Or simply shop around for the best deal - and you can always use your saving to buy extra avios.

Chances are you'll have to pay a considerable mark-up (and get a reduced choice of vehicle) if you simply walk up to a counter.
Thanks cammyloon^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.