Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Add car, becomes BA Hols. Any disadvantage?

Add car, becomes BA Hols. Any disadvantage?

Old Jul 28, 17, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Huge bonus, HBO now shows one checked bag/pax, true?

Originally Posted by Swanhunter View Post
You can MFU.

Access to the BA Holiday duty office is a plus as they will try MUCH harder to help with IRROPS than a regular BA line (inc GGL).
I agree with this. I have in the past found BA Holidays much more helpful (and flexible when it should not have been !) than BA Gold line.

So, we have now added the 2 car hires. An added huge bonus is that the HBO (ticketed by IB on BA metal), MMB now shows one checked bag per passenger which is a huge bonus for a week's holiday. Obviously very awkward to arrive at LGW, or BCN, with a hold bag each, to find HBO rules after all.
What would you do to verify this ? MMB seems very clear, click on each pax, shows one checked bag. Phone BA? Rely on screen shot ? BA booking ref seems to have changed too (don't remember that before), perhaps that explains the change.
Old Jul 28, 17, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
I tried BA Holidays for a trip YYZ-MUC in CW. Added a car for one day that I forgot to pick up and saved over $2600 over just booking an I CW fare. I also did UuA for both TATL legs to F. So I'll definitely be doing that again when the savings are that big. Yet another great find for me from the BA FT forum.^
Old Feb 3, 20, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Can anyone confirm if you book a Plus fare and then add car booking at the end, are you able to still use flight change on day departure?

i know via the app it won’t let me, but if I called on the day would I have any luck?
Old Feb 4, 20, 3:08 am

Originally Posted by 'andad View Post
Pop-up on ba.com says additional driver free but the t&c's say €8 per day to be paid locally. I would hope that a screen shot of "free added driver" would be honoured. Always a bit suspicious of car hire extras, even with Avis.
Take care, the extra-driver free I think only applies to BAEC + Avis bookings. Last time I looked, budget rentals incurred the extra driver charge.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: