Search

New Champagne - First (testing)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by FrancisA
Really!

And what years do you prefer?
it’s just the vintage version of Moet Chandon, which is popular due to being owned by LVMH. It’s all marketing! I don’t recall the French being too excited about Moet!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:32 pm

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
And then there is the Salon on JAL.......
Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by smokie36
Dom in F on Emirates is acceptable.
But the P2 is different. It is a limited release which has sat on the leys for longer, ie a 1998 P2 may only have been bottled this year.

You'd be looking at, what, 20,000 bottles per year required? Not impossible but seems unlikely for a niche product.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:49 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Raffles
But the P2 is different. It is a limited release which has sat on the leys for longer, ie a 1998 P2 may only have been bottled this year.

You'd be looking at, what, 20,000 bottles per year required? Not impossible but seems unlikely for a niche product.
They had the P2 on EK F for a few months last year.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Bring back Comtes de Champagne or Bollinger LGA.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Fingers crossed I can "trial" it next month
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:20 pm

If this is to be introduced to First I can't see them serving it in the CCR as now with the LPGS, the CCR would likely be enhanced to the same as the First Lounge choices to pay for it!

I'd rather keep the same champagne served in the lounge and onboard.

Ps. I'd rate LPGS as the best champagne served by any airline on the ground.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by PETER01
Probably not as I believe Oneworld as a group had to help *A who are still paying the bill for a very large and unexpected loss of Champagne which happened a number of years ago.

(such a fab, fab TR that was may I say, legendary!)
This, along with Trip Reports by EightBlack, are amongst my favourite ever FT posts.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by macabus
While BA might be evaluating 1998 Dom Perignon P2, I think the likelihood of them serving a small production Champagne that retails for $450 is close to zero.
You may wish to change supplier.

https://www.woodswholesalewine.com/c...e-france-750ml
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:32 pm

Programs: Some
I'm not going to turn down any investment in the BA F product, but given the state of BA's F catering ingredients budget which must be the lowest in the world per person outside of the US/Chinese carriers, I know where any extra investment should be going ...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Raffles

More like 10X that I expect. I am not sure how many BA F flights a day there are but maybe 100 return flights? Say 3 bottles each way = 600 x 365 days a year = 219,000. Total guesstimate but having a quiet 30 mins...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by macabus
While BA might be evaluating 1998 Dom Perignon P2, I think the likelihood of them serving a small production Champagne that retails for $450 is close to zero.
Hi there, i know people in Champagne and they say that Dom Perignon NV production is as high as 6 million bottles a year. Don`t know if its true but still they make a lot more than they want people to know. Anywho, what about some small producers like Jaquesson, Pierre Peters or some Fleur de passion?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Come on, let's face it.

BA won't be paying face value for LP GS today.

They'll take whatever Champagne house will heavily subsidise in return for brand exposure.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I'll believe it when I see it. Frankly they can shove their White Company amenities - I'd rather they spent money on their crew and ground teams and ensuring they pay enough to recruit and retain the right people. Or on a payoff for AC so we don't have this BS about 'investing 4 U' (how naff) rammed down our throats. 4U is the code for Germanwings I think so maybe it's a hint.
fin_dg likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by norvagabond
Hi there, i know people in Champagne and they say that Dom Perignon NV production is as high as 6 million bottles a year. Don`t know if its true but still they make a lot more than they want people to know. Anywho, what about some small producers like Jaquesson, Pierre Peters or some Fleur de passion?
Not sure what you mean by "Dom Perignon NV" - Moët non-vintage production is over 20 million bottles a year. What this thread references is specifically the 1998 vintage Dom Peringon, Second Plenitude.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.