Search

New Champagne - First (testing)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
New Champagne - First (testing)

Hello All,

I have not been around for a while as I have been so busy with work it has taken over things; however several weeks ago I posted to include changes and improvements coming to not only the CW product, updates to First and the changes coming within the CCR itself and access to which would include losing the separate CCR card as it will change to being access purely based on status and the CCR motif shall we call it added on to the GGL card i.e BA Gold who have GL on there card will also have CCR written on the card as long as there status is high enough to grant them CCR access but anyway sorry I am waffling

One of the improvements I mentioned was BA were looking to offer a new Champagne in First alongside further improvements to the catering. This is inline with the new CW product to include better food; and First will get further improvements to clearly show it is still a step above business class.
(further talks with The White Company to improve further on the duvet/mattress topper in First also)

the Champagne currently being tested/trialled apparently from my source is as follows so I hope you Champagne lovers will approve

Dom Perignon 1998 P2

Take Care all
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:43 am

While BA might be evaluating 1998 Dom Perignon P2, I think the likelihood of them serving a small production Champagne that retails for $450 is close to zero.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:50 am

What happened to the Gin that BA said they created exclusively for First? Is it still there?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Agree. I can't see this happening, or BA getting the necessary volume if they wanted to.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by macabus
While BA might be evaluating 1998 Dom Perignon P2, I think the likelihood of them serving a small production Champagne that retails for $450 is close to zero.
Probably not as I believe Oneworld as a group had to help *A who are still paying the bill for a very large and unexpected loss of Champagne which happened a number of years ago.

(such a fab, fab TR that was may I say, legendary!)

More seriously though and back on topic, sounds like a nice Champagne but I wonder what the trade cost is?

Also, good to see you back Padmeister! ^
Old Jul 27, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Not to mention that even if BA wanted to spend the money, I'd much rather have LPGS over '98 P2 and improve the other wines.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Had it on Singapore and was really good. BA can't fork out thee money though, pity...
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:15 pm

Watch out for Castelnau
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:21 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Somewhere out there a focus group is reaching the miraculous conclusion that they'd be greatly pleased to be served Monopole Blue Top in a BA F cabin in future
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Dom in F on Emirates is acceptable.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
I find Cristal to be an acceptable champagne. I don’t like Dom, I find it ridiculously overrated and overhyped
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Who is doing the trialing and testing? The customer service folks? The supply chain and procurement folks? Our friendly bean counters?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I find Cristal to be an acceptable champagne. I don’t like Dom, I find it ridiculously overrated and overhyped
Really!

And what years do you prefer?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:53 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Padmeister
Dom Perignon 1998 P2
Yeah, right...

I think EK bought all that up last year for their F. I'm not a Champagne fan generally, but enjoyed that!

I managed to get through a full bottle on the ground at DXB during a tech delay.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I am sure any folks over at Louis Roederer reading this will be over the moon to hear their flagship cuvee described as 'acceptable.'

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.