Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Champagne - First (testing)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:52 am

I was very pleased to see Camel Valley on the LHR/BOS BA203 on Thursday in F, not least because I love the taste and it's local to us in Cornwall.

It was presented to me as "champagne" and despite explaining that it wasn't, I had to pretend it was for refill purposes.

My excitement was short lived though, a couple of glasses for the two of us and it was finished. Perhaps at Ł26 it's too pricey to load more than one bottle.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by marshy11
I was very pleased to see Camel Valley on the LHR/BOS BA203 on Thursday in F, not least because I love the taste and it's local to us in Cornwall.

It was presented to me as "champagne" and despite explaining that it wasn't, I had to pretend it was for refill purposes.

My excitement was short lived though, a couple of glasses for the two of us and it was finished. Perhaps at Ł26 it's too pricey to load more than one bottle.
LOL!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Perhaps it is simply not available in sufficient quantities to fill all the bars in every First cabin that BA operates for several months?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Any sightings yet of the P2?

Thought not
Have BA ever announced DP is being introduced?
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:44 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Have BA ever announced DP is being introduced?
No, but this thread said it was being trialled. Hence my (sh*t stirring) question*

The DP is like the new Club World seats, often spoken about, but never yet seen in the wild.

*I noticed the OP was online.
m3red likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
No, but this thread said it was being trialled. Hence my (sh*t stirring) question*

The DP is like the new Club World seats, often spoken about, but never yet seen in the wild.

*I noticed the OP was online.
Here i am

this has gone very quiet so god knows what is going on but it certainly does not look like it was going ahead with the DP P2. And listening to the Champagne experts on here would be hard to get hold of in the volumes that BA would require.
Maybe they will switch to normal DP who knows I will do some more digging and report back....
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:34 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Here i am

this has gone very quiet so god knows what is going on but it certainly does not look like it was going ahead with the DP P2. And listening to the Champagne experts on here would be hard to get hold of in the volumes that BA would require.
Maybe they will switch to normal DP who knows I will do some more digging and report back....
Please god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!
Old Nov 11, 2017, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Please god, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOO!
don't panic Tobias I am sure the LPGS will continue to flow
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Here i am

P2 on my flight to Geneva next month

(on EK of course) 😂
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by dykwia

The dp is like the new club world seats, often spoken about, but never yet seen in the wild.

Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Raffles
But the P2 is different. It is a limited release which has sat on the leys for longer, ie a 1998 P2 may only have been bottled this year.

You'd be looking at, what, 20,000 bottles per year required? Not impossible but seems unlikely for a niche product.
No reason they couldn't seasonally rotate, though, with new bottles complementing the existing stock every three months, perhaps?

Unlikely... but if BA wants F to remain a viable product then it needs to really push that separation over CW (which, as you know, has slowly improved with the bedding, etc).
Old Mar 22, 2018, 8:57 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by m3red

P2 on my flight to Geneva next month

(on EK of course) 😂
Bloody subsidised airlines.
m3red likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:03 am

Programs: Some
Bloody subsidised airlines.
Indeed, got to hate that horrendous transfer of wealth from the UAE government to European consumers
vulle likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Indeed, got to hate that horrendous transfer of wealth from the UAE government to European consumers
Suffice to say that DYKWIA’s allusion to EK subsidies was made with tongue very-firmly-in-cheek (and before the apologists got in!)

Not that British Airways have ever been the beneficiary of State aid, of course. Unless you consider the odd several hundred million as aid........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.