Old Jul 31, 2017, 8:52 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
He leaves that to Neal Martin!
Old Jul 31, 2017, 10:48 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by London_traveller
She resigned due to BA's continual cost-cutting on their wines; she didn't want to damage her own 'brand' by being seen to associate herself with BA's wines at their (then) state. See this: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/14583323-post229.html

As for the talk on here "the ignorance on this thread is amazing", "this isn't the thread's finest hour", etc etc - I'm assuming this is because people are talking predominantly in terms of the wines they like, rather than basing it on a Parker's rating or some other such criteria as I'm sure you'll see fit to apply
Some of us aren't all that interested in wine ratings or price nor feel the need to be told which wines we like

My only criteria for selecting wine is ... its taste.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:00 am

Programs: Nandos Chillis
As for the talk on here "the ignorance on this thread is amazing", "this isn't the thread's finest hour", etc etc - I'm assuming this is because people are talking predominantly in terms of the wines they like, rather than basing it on a Parker's rating or some other such criteria as I'm sure you'll see fit to apply
I think it's more about people trying to speak with some authority on champagnes that don't exist, or making claims that Dom is vintage Moët with no understanding of the distinction between those products. It's interesting to read people's opinion on tastes without the false expertise creeping in.
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
I think it's more about people trying to speak with some authority on champagnes that don't exist, or making claims that Dom is vintage Moët with no understanding of the distinction between those products. It's interesting to read people's opinion on tastes without the false expertise creeping in.
One doesn't need expertise to enjoy a glass of wine
Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I can drink to that!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
False expertise pertaining to the examples of the rubbish being spouted I referenced.

Fully agreed BTW
Old Aug 3, 2017, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
LPGS scored 5th in a recent test. Ahead of LH, EK, CX, QR, EY to name a few...

http://www.globaltravelerusa.com/win...the-wing-2017/
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by icegirl
LPGS scored 5th in a recent test. Ahead of LH, EK, CX, QR, EY to name a few...

http://www.globaltravelerusa.com/win...the-wing-2017/
Why no mention of the 2002 Salon on JL?
Old Aug 3, 2017, 1:18 pm

Well, I drank the 1985 Dom last year - it was spectacular! Made a very good argument for a P4.

Don't expect it to be served to me in BA First though, although "ordinary" Dom would do very nicely, but I rather enjoy LPGS anyway. It is a particularly delicious "breakfast" champagne. Perfect during/after an overnight flight. Sets me up for the day

Agree with FrancisA, this thread is not flyertalk's finest hour. Some folks need to do more homework before they post. Always wise to taste as much as possible too, when the mere reading about champagne gets too much for the salivary glands.

I am probably in the "stick with LPGS and improve the other wines on offer" camp. Let's hope that prevails. I doubt Dom of any sort will materialise. Fear it is much more likely they will downgrade the lovely LPGS.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by macabus
Why no mention of the 2002 Salon on JL?
yep. You also get the Taittinger vintage but not the Comtes de Champagne, and of course AF's Cristal and CX's Krug are nowhere to be seen either and UA gets top spot with their Joseph Perrier.

oh and of course, all the judges come from a single country (in this case the US) which is exactly what you want in an international wine tasting competition of course!

no comment, but some rankings are not worth the virtual space they are written on...
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
+ 1.

There seems to be a reasonable balance between 'ignorance' and 'pompousness' across the posts in this thread.

I am happy to admit to being in the first group.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, HH Diamond, Fairmont RIP, Hertz Plat, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Padmeister
These changes are not yet. Expect LPGS for a while yet. The new champagne addition on board is not for another two to three months.
Any update you can provide to this possible development? It's been a couple months since the first post so we may be getting close to a change unless it's already been abandoned.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Not sure it's an update, but I got on a flight to KUL recently and was very excited to be told that they were serving Dom Perignon!
Old Sep 27, 2017, 3:45 pm

Programs: BA GGL
...only to quickly be told, after I got rather excited, that she'd made a mistake and it was actually LPGS
LondonCanuck, PJSMITH0 and Calchas like this.
Old Nov 11, 2017, 4:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Any sightings yet of the P2?

Thought not

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.