Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Champagne - First (testing)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by norvagabond
Hi there, i know people in Champagne and they say that Dom Perignon NV production is as high as 6 million bottles a year. Don`t know if its true but still they make a lot more than they want people to know. Anywho, what about some small producers like Jaquesson, Pierre Peters or some Fleur de passion?
Chateau de Hounslow did you say? Maison de Sage?
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SAS Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by gengar
Not sure what you mean by "Dom Perignon NV" - Moët non-vintage production is over 20 million bottles a year. What this thread references is specifically the 1998 vintage Dom Peringon, Second Plenitude.
My bad, i mean 6 million bottles in each vintage. I know you are talking about DP 98 2p, but why not have a better Champagne from a smaller producer. It doesn`t look so good on Face but better in your mouth
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:18 pm
formerly southsidesilver

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
It would be nice to have another Champagne to try, I look forward to how this pans out.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:25 pm

Aldi have a Veuve Monsignor Champagne Brut which I think would go down well in F. If not, "If you prefer Italian sparklers, why not try our Prosecco Superiore DOCG" is the answer to F drinking demands.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Chateau de Hounslow did you say? Maison de Sage?
Chateau de Walta-sighde is my take on that!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
A different world.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Pol Roger Winston Churchill 2004 would be a worthy step up from LPGS, and not quite as big a leap as the Dom P2.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:27 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by opalfruit
Pol Roger Winston Churchill 2004 would be a worthy step up from LPGS, and not quite as big a leap as the Dom P2.
But what does it matter? Who are we kidding?

If it changes, it'll be Castlenau Millesme or some other garbage.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Yeah, right...

I think EK bought all that up last year for their F. I'm not a Champagne fan generally, but enjoyed that!

I managed to get through a full bottle on the ground at DXB during a tech delay.
Lasted 3 months - it's mine and my wife's favourite champagne and we've tried a lot

EK currently has Dom rose 05 on for a limited time.

Maybe BA should do that and mix it up a bit? I do like LPGS for the record but not enough to fly BA.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 8:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by m3red
Lasted 3 months - it's mine and my wife's favourite champagne and we've tried a lot

I do like LPGS for the record but not enough to fly BA.
Hi there m3red !

Not surprised - I doubt you'd want to give up your EK limo transfers, DXB lounges, onboard showers, onboard bars .........
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:49 am

A little bit of a shame. One of the things I rather admired BA for was LPGS in F. It's not a 'show brand' like Dom or Cristal but the taste is excellent. Kind-of sums up what BA First is meant to be... understated high quality.

One thing I would love them to do is serve one of the top English sparkling wines. Obviously alongside champagne for those who think the best fizz can only come from the champagne region, regardless of taste. But there are some exceptional English wines being produced now.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by London_traveller
A little bit of a shame. One of the things I rather admired BA for was LPGS in F. It's not a 'show brand' like Dom or Cristal but the taste is excellent. Kind-of sums up what BA First is meant to be... understated high quality.

One thing I would love them to do is serve one of the top English sparkling wines. Obviously alongside champagne for those who think the best fizz can only come from the champagne region, regardless of taste. But there are some exceptional English wines being produced now.
It would be cool to have a rotating selection (in addition to LPGS or something fixed and reliable). So almost every flight is different. But also probably expensive.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:39 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by London_traveller

They did serve English sparkling recently in pretty sure.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by m3red
They did serve English sparkling recently in pretty sure.
They did, and it is still offered in First alongside the LPGS and Rosé. IIRC it should be available for a couple more months or so.
Old Jul 29, 2017, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
They did, and it is still offered in First alongside the LPGS and Rosé. IIRC it should be available for a couple more months or so.
And proved a real disappointment to me I must say. I tried it eagerly but really did not like it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.