Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gold vs First

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
Originally Posted by CCayley
Why rightly? The first class passenger tried to board when only first class had been called, in accordance with BA's procedures. So he was entitled to board and OP was not. Why does his doing so make him (rather than OP) a 'toss bag'?
This.

At the same time BA could do a lot to help the situation by being consistent in priority boarding procedures, and by keeping the priority line area clear until boarding groups are called.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 7:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by HilFly
F & CW passengers should board before GCHs, so will all you Goldies just keep out of our way??? DYKWWA?
Exactly.....and any Goldie with a 'I love QR' sticker on their bag or wearing a Hawaiian shirt should be forced to board last.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:14 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
A man after my own heart - I love this story so much that I am appointing you a a Mucci - and I do not shower these honours much outside BA Forum!

I'm on an Ipad at the moment so I cannot access it - but some years ago we had a female passenger do the "I'm in First" dance - it's in a TFTG and I'd quite forgotten it. This stampede to board an aircraft amazes me.
@PUCCI GALORE, that is truly a most marvellous honour, and I accept with gladness!

I shall await your formal naming of whichever Mucci you opt to bestow upon to me.

M

Last edited by msm2000uk; Jul 25, 2017 at 9:10 am
Old Jul 25, 2017, 8:14 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I suspect that the poster who called fellow human beings "gate lice" was a troll.

A 13 year old playing with mum's pc or ipad? Trying hard to remove their own hair lice?
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:01 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
I suspect that the poster who called fellow human beings "gate lice" was a troll.

A 13 year old playing with mum's pc or ipad? Trying hard to remove their own hair lice?
I hate that term, though to me it casts rather more of a critical shadow on those who choose to use it rather than the people that it's referring to.

Fortunately it's something that's quite rarely used on this particular forum.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 9:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
HKG is one of my monthly airports at the moment, and they have a separate line exclusively for F. I've used it once before when in CW but showed by GGL card and they were fine with it - although they blocked the chap who was a GCH behind me, and sent him to the regular snaking Priority Line queue.

I always thought F trumped Gold, as I've heard BA at LHR (T3) saying 'We're now boarding our First Class passengers. Only First Class please'.

M
I also fly this route monthly (usually in J) and I use the F line every time. Never had an issue.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
@PUCCI GALORE, that is truly a most marvellous honour, and I accept with gladness!

I shall await your formal naming of whichever Mucci you opt to bestow upon to me.

M
I would have thought Mucci de bisou (kiss on the cheeks) or Mucci de galoche (french kiss) if she is feeling more raunchy...she does not always bestow a name of course....
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Ancient Observer

Originally Posted by V10
I hate that term, though to me it casts rather more of a critical shadow on those who choose to use it rather than the people that it's referring to.

Fortunately it's something that's quite rarely used on this particular forum.
My apologies for using a term which seems to have upset you both that you feel it is acceptable to resort to personal attacks. I did try to come up with another term that describes the passengers that hang around the boarding gate area in the hope of queue jumping. As you both seem experts on this subject and type of behaviour perhaps you could suggest a descriptive term that is not offensive to you?

I can assure you that I am not a 13 year old (Tobias-UK can vouch for this as he has sat next to me on a flight from SYD to SIN )
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:13 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)

M
I'm delighted. I was afraid that this might prove too frivolous for one of your standing.

So from henceforth you shall be known as Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher.

Don't forget to add that to your handle!
Old Jul 25, 2017, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by Hubbabridge
I would have thought Mucci de bisou (kiss on the cheeks) or Mucci de galoche (french kiss) if she is feeling more raunchy...she does not always bestow a name of course....
Who's She? The cat's Mother?

My hairbrush has not been used for a while so I'm out of practice but if anything gets me "raunchy" I'll keep that to myself or I'll have Phil the Flyer out of his crypt and all over me like a rash.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:40 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by scillyisles
My apologies for using a term which seems to have upset you both that you feel it is acceptable to resort to personal attacks. I did try to come up with another term that describes the passengers that hang around the boarding gate area in the hope of queue jumping. As you both seem experts on this subject and type of behaviour perhaps you could suggest a descriptive term that is not offensive to you?

I can assure you that I am not a 13 year old (Tobias-UK can vouch for this as he has sat next to me on a flight from SYD to SIN )
How about "passengers"? They have as much right as you to be on that aircraft and ought to be afforded the respect you'd expect to be afforded yourself.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
My hairbrush has not been used for a while so I'm out of practice
I've heard some tall tales on this forum but nothing so unlikely
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Calchas
I've heard some tall tales on this forum but nothing so unlikely
Oh Calchas - you have outed me. I am undone.
Old Jul 26, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
Originally Posted by scillyisles

Which one of you boarded first???

Old Jul 26, 2017, 4:14 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by CCayley
Why rightly? The first class passenger tried to board when only first class had been called, in accordance with BA's procedures. So he was entitled to board and OP was not. Why does his doing so make him (rather than OP) a 'toss bag'?
Re read?

The First pax was being obnoxious, that was the complaint. Not their right to board?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.