Wiki Posts
Search

Domestic Flights, any compo for delays?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2017, 12:16 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Used to be worse.
I once got stuck on the IOM for two days during a January blizzard and never received a penny for food or accommodation. Imagine being stuck there for two days in winter time? Put me off the place for life.
Hope you bought a shell suit to blend in with the locals.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:49 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by hungry
Maybe that is what puts people off travelling domestic with BA and makes them use the train instead, even for England-Scotland routes.

Feel they should offer something for delays on these routes
Most domestic flights (especially MAN) aren't really there for O+D traffic which is fairly marginal, but more for connecting passengers travelling elsewhere than London.

There's no way I would consider MAN-LHR practical for most purposes.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by paul4040
Most domestic flights (especially MAN) aren't really there for O+D traffic which is fairly marginal, but more for connecting passengers travelling elsewhere than London.

I'm sure I've read on FT that something in the region of 75% of domestic passengers are connecting either to or from other flights.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 2:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond

That's certainly true of LBA and MAN, but I would have though it wasn't of EDI/GLA/ABZ/INV since the alternatives of train or road take much longer. I would have though the Scottish routes would have a very large proportion of non connecting passengers?

BHD is I guess an extreme since I can't imagine many wanting to travel to London would take the ferry.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I'm sure I've read on FT that something in the region of 75% of domestic passengers are connecting either to or from other flights.
According to this post from a few years ago it seems the majority on MAN/LBA/NCL are connecting, but the majority for EDI/GLA/ABZ and BHD are point to point.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/23923411-post15.html
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Thanks #KARFA - some of those figures surprise me a little, I have read here about the 75%, but those figures look very accurate (at least at the time they were posted).
Old Jul 25, 2017, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: CAMRA GGL (Gold Card Holder/Lifetime membership)
I've done Manchester, Leeds and Newcastle point to point. Mostly because as a Train Driver, on my day/weekend off I want a change from the bloody things.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Used to be worse.
I once got stuck on the IOM for two days during a January blizzard and never received a penny for food or accommodation. Imagine being stuck there for two days in winter time? Put me off the place for life.

Oi, steady on- try living here. Wasnt that the one where they ran out of de icing fluid in most of the UK?

If it was, they had to fly in bread yeast in a chopper for our bread factory as they ran out (and the boats with food from the uK were delayed too).

I live in the far north, and we didnt get hardly any snow then.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:04 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Thanks #KARFA - some of those figures surprise me a little, I have read here about the 75%, but those figures look very accurate (at least at the time they were posted).
Suspect there are some "hidden" connecting pax - those on separate tickets, for example.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 3:16 am

Suspect there are some "hidden" connecting pax - those on separate tickets, for example.
I think you are right. I am not really taking the figures at the 1 decimal point accuracy shown, but I think broadly they are right and I think the trend of more point to point the for routes other than NCL/LBA/MAN matches what one would expect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.