Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time First lounge, snoring etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:25 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
Next time when using The F Wing to check in, speak to Special Services. Explain that you are a gold card holder and on your previous visit were troubled by snoring in the Flounge. Ask nicely if they would let you into the Cambridge Room. It's a haven of tranquility away from all the hoi polloi. A box of Cadbury's Roses when making the request is appreciated and could make a world of difference.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:28 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by sts603
I don't think one should be expected to move. An airline lounge is somewhere to lounge, not sleep.
Sometimes you can't help where you drift off, though.. A comfortable sofa or arm chair in a lounge can be quite doze inducing after many hours of travel...!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:39 am

I don't think one should be expected to move. An airline lounge is somewhere to lounge, not sleep.
Oh please. With the greatest will in the world, tired and weary travellers who may have been awake for 24+ hours may not be able to avoid dozing off.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:42 am

So if lounges are for lounging - does that mean one should not work there either?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by agehall
I have no issues telling people to shut up if they are screaming into cellphones in the lounge, but I would not wake up a snoring person. It may disturb some people, but quite frankly they may not be able to help it - very few people snore by choice.
I agree. It would be extremely rude to embarrass them by waking them up.

Much better to do the modern thing by posting a video of them to You Tube and embarrass them that way.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Must say I'm in agreement here. If you have a long layover, get a hotel. It's essentially a waiting room.

On a 46 hour journey last month, I managed to avoid sleeping in any lounges, so there's really no excuse as far as I'm concerned.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:08 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by NeilP
First time as gold into T5 first lounge, great place to be watching planes take off... A380 are a wonderful sight to see getting off the ground

except the man snoring in the corner!
Welcome to FT NeilP, to where you will find of lots of interesting threads and responses, with many a laugh on the way. You must not have been impressed on your first visit to find a snorer. As a gold you must change your profile from Silver to Gold.
Enjoy all your visits to Flounge and hope you do not get many snorers around, if so just move to somewhere else, plenty of space to be had.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:16 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by jwhite9185
Must say I'm in agreement here. If you have a long layover, get a hotel. It's essentially a waiting room.

On a 46 hour journey last month, I managed to avoid sleeping in any lounges, so there's really no excuse as far as I'm concerned.
You've taken a somewhat ridiculous comment and extended it to an entirely new level of ridiculousness.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by agehall
I have no issues telling people to shut up if they are screaming into cellphones in the lounge, but I would not wake up a snoring person. It may disturb some people, but quite frankly they may not be able to help it - very few people snore by choice.
There are people who snore by choice?!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:33 am

Assuming you have a passport and visa combination that allows you entry to a hotel.

I find snoring in the CCR unavoidable after lunch and a couple of B's famous expresso martinis
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I hate to see people sleeping at airports as I become afraid they might miss their flight.
I wouldn't dare miss mine.KARFA would never let me live it down
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by rapidex
Assuming you have a passport and visa combination that allows you entry to a hotel.

I find snoring in the CCR unavoidable after lunch and a couple of B's famous expresso martinis
Only had the one yesterday but no Boris to make it.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by xenole
Only had the one yesterday but no Boris to make it.
Disaster.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:24 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
I hate to see people sleeping at airports as I become afraid they might miss their flight.
Try waking them up while screaming "we're going to crash"
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
Did you also manage to avoid going to the toilet for those same 46 hours?

Sleep is a necessity, and one which is wildly disturbed when travelling by air. There are plenty of overnight flights that arrive at LHR through to early afternoon, and plenty of travelers emerging from those flights who have connections long enough to justify a lounge visit, but not long enough to justify a day room. Even emerging from an F flight from YVR I have found myself, "resting my eyes" on the CCR terrace waiting for a connection to parts farther flung.

One should not need an "excuse," for allowing one's body to dictate what is most needful for it in the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.