ABBA - anyone but BA

Old Jul 27, 2017, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by seat 13a
And Virgin's ads are bringing the debate to a wider audience....

IAG results tomorrow - will be interesting to see what management - and shareholders - make of it....
There was some industry chatter about falling brand value, but the main questions will be on FR's summer fare war.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
There was some industry chatter about falling brand value, but the main questions will be on FR's summer fare war.
It seems EasyJet have already kicked things off. I got a notification on my phone earlier today, and I booked a couple of sectors at what I thought were a good price.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 4:02 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by srbrenna
But as this is the BA board the question is being asked - Does BA have enough pax willing to pay more for a few frills and to travel from LHR/LGW. The consensus (on here at least) is that it does. .
I'd say what you mostly have here are those who want to travel as cheaply as possible but in as much style as they can get. A look at the most popular threads says it all. The recurring theme is how to get something on the cheap.

Cunard and P&O show how trends in modern day travel have changed....they're not as 'posh' as they used to be.

And while I'm at it...I noticed someone mention the L word earlier. Who the heck is daft enough to show l****** to an airline? I wish FT would include the word in its auto censor function as it has no place on here.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:16 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I'd say what you mostly have here are those who want to travel as cheaply as possible but in as much style as they can get. A look at the most popular threads says it all. The recurring theme is how to get something on the cheap.
Really ?
The current most popular thread on BA are:
ABBA
Bye bye Brazilian Crew
Due to recent thefts ...
BA15 and dealing with jet lag
New champagne (Testing)
EC261 thread
Ask the BAEC Gold
In flight upgrades
BA to lease 9 QR plane

Except for the one about cheeky auto-upgrade, those are nothing to do with getting stuff on the cheap. Once again, you are making assumption and write them as if they are the truth.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rossmacd
It seems EasyJet have already kicked things off. I got a notification on my phone earlier today, and I booked a couple of sectors at what I thought were a good price.
Nope, that's fake news.

Willie Walsh expects ticket prices to rise this year.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by MPH1980
Indeed. I've also had conversations with price sensitive folks who will declare a 20 quid saving on a flight wonderful but fail to take into account the extta costs of getting to the airport at Stanstead or the additional costs at the other ends.
I am one of these "price sensitive folk". You fail to mention one thing. With us being so price wary, we try and stay out at our holiday destination for as long as possible... so it would involve a morning flight.. usually leaving first.. getting to heathrow or stansted will cost me roughly about the same because i have to find a way to get to either (usually using a Ł3 easybus to get to stansted which leaves from victoria coach station).

This argument is now defunct because ryanair also flies to better destinations sometimes for me (eg eindhoven city centre or gothenburg city centre).

I used to use BA as a treat- knowing i would get drinks.. a bit better service and a good number of avios.. this is no longer so i no longer have any reason to pay the extra Ł20 to use this airline
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club RIP,BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Dan72

More generally, SH Y is still better than U2/FR, particularly if you have status with BA.
Without status what exactly does BA now offer that is better than U2 or FR?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by YorkieFlyer
You can pay for your G&T with Avios!

/s
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:34 am

You are actually offered less because with both those airlines you are not forced to stuff your duty free/ood into your hand luggage allowance like BA make you do now
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:39 am

Programs: Mucci du Miel d'Or
Exactly this:

More frequent schedules; better handling in cases of routine disruption (due to more frequent schedules); possibility of protection on other carriers at time of disruption; the possibility to upgrade (particularly where corporate policy may dictate Y, but the passenger wants to pay the difference); possibility of connecting (at the right fare); wifi (soon); airports that may be more convenient (LCY, LHR), although LCCs are starting to operate from key airports; better network coverage for business travellers.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:50 am

Wifi Soon must be one of BA's best travellers by now.

He/she been getting a lot of mentions on here over the last 3/4 years.
jhjunc likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:55 am

Originally Posted by simons1
Wifi Soon must be one of BA's best travellers by now.

He/she been getting a lot of mentions on here over the last 3/4 years.
Who else is offering wifi in the shorthaul European market. DY, who else?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:57 am

Qatar Airways
Old Jul 28, 2017, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Lh and several others have a number of planes equiped.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Lh and several others have a number of planes equiped.
Are LH now rolling this out comprehensively? And who are the several others in the European market?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.