Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Lounge makes T3 compelling ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Cathay Lounge makes T3 compelling ...

Currently sat in the Cathay T3 lounge waiting for a BA flight to LUX - certainly trumps the BA lounge in either terminal by a mile and makes T3 my new terminal of choice ! Moët free flowing from the bar - relaxed and quiet environment , perfect air con and a fabulous noodle bar - bliss ! 😂
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Yes it's brilliant. Other than the potential long walk to a gate T3 is now fantastic
Old Jul 22, 2017, 9:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Chris9642
Currently sat in the Cathay T3 lounge waiting for a BA flight to LUX - certainly trumps the BA lounge in either terminal by a mile and makes T3 my new terminal of choice ! Moët free flowing from the bar - relaxed and quiet environment , perfect air con and a fabulous noodle bar - bliss ! 😂
Please, dont tell everyone or the oasis of calm in CX F will bee no longer
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only thing the BA F lounge offers is better champagne. In all other ways the CX F lounge is far superior though no doubt somebody will be along to complain about some minutiae and redress the balance.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The only thing the BA F lounge offers is better champagne. In all other ways the CX F lounge is far superior though no doubt somebody will be along to complain about some minutiae and redress the balance.
Usually the wifi speed gets trotted out as one of the negatives of the CX lounge

But it is a fantastic lounge - just don't tell everyone!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:15 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Usually the wifi speed gets trotted out as one of the negatives of the CX lounge
Well you tell me, which of the T3 lounges has the fastest wifi?

For a new lounge it isn't very impressive. Now that doesn't stop me using the CX lounge, and I would go there above the other two as I think on most other aspects I can think of it is better than the other two. However, wifi speed at the CX lounge is a negative - I am not sure how anyone could say it wasn't?

If AA can manage it, why not BA/CX?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:18 am

I take LHRLUX a lot - as a GCH / oneworld emerald the Cathay Pacific lounge is open to me?
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:20 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The only thing the BA F lounge offers is better champagne.
Would that be the Castleno or the Henrinot?

Originally Posted by Robington3rd
I take LHRLUX a lot - as a GCH / oneworld emerald the Cathay Pacific lounge is open to me?
Yes, you can use the CX F lounge.

Originally Posted by KARFA
Well you tell me, which of the T3 lounges has the fastest wifi?

For a new lounge it isn't very impressive. Now that doesn't stop me using the CX lounge, and I would go there above the other two as I think on most other aspects I can think of it is better than the other two. However, wifi speed at the CX lounge is a negative - I am not sure how anyone could say it wasn't?

If AA can manage it, why not BA/CX?
It's not something I particularly care about - if I can download my emails, its good enough!
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by LCY8737
Would that be the Castleno or the Henrinot?
Indeed. Both the Moet and Baron de Rothschild in the CX F are better.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
It's not something I particularly care about - if I can download my emails, its good enough!
Ah ok. Well many on here have rightly complained about BA wifi speeds which are in the same ballpark for the T3 and T5 lounges. That kind of speed is not good enough for a lounge, and it is disappointing that CX when refurbishing did not take the opportunity to improve it.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm slumming it in business, and the Cathay lounge is horrible, honestly no one should bother with it. You're all better off in the other lounges, I'll take one for the team and make do with CX, leaving more space for you guys in BA with its Champagne and AA with its rapid net access.

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Do they serve JW Blue in the CX lounge?

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Chris9642

I have to admit, I love the Moet .... yum ! Although when I was there a couple of weeks ago, the A/C was a little weak.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.