Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay Lounge makes T3 compelling ...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:07 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I was talking to one of the barman last week and he told me that the lounge uses 25 bottles of Moet a day (on average).
Given how little they'll be paying for them (I'd guess between £5-£8/bottle), that's really not so bad.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ChemicalWoody
Does anybody know exactly what time the Cathay First lounge switches menus from breakfast to lunch?
I have a 3pm flight and am keen to try both, but won't bother with breakfast if they switch as early as 10:30 or something...
Used to be 11, recently changed to noon
Old Aug 22, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by ENTP
Used to be 11, recently changed to noon
Fantastic, thanks - that's good news.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wembleygal
I was talking to one of the barman last week and he told me that the lounge uses 25 bottles of Moet a day (on average).

That's even more than the Filthy Monkey household!
Wembleygal and BA5E like this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver
At T3 now and spent a grand total of 60 secs in the BA Galleries lounge.

The AA lounge was closing sadly so no pick n mix for my lass.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by smokie36
At T3 now and spent a grand total of 60 secs in the BA Galleries lounge.

The AA lounge was closing sadly so no pick n mix for my lass.
Sorry to have missed you - by about 1.5hrs. Spent quite a few hours there this afternoon. Why would you even enter the BA lounge?!

Oh, and I can confirm the fish is back to 2 decent size pieces ^
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Struggling, BA F has better wine, a kids room, and the printer is faster...maybe some different spirits.

That is about it, on all other counts such as food, layout, ambience, view, cleanliness etc etc, CX F wins.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Struggling, BA F has better wine, a kids room, and the printer is faster...
The latter being particularly important at breakfast time...
710 77345 likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
When better to print what you may need for the flight or arrival? Yes I am an avid user of airport printers. Not for a thesis though. And the CX ink jets are very very slow!

A glass of champagne while waiting for the print is perfect.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 12:36 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
Sorry to have missed you - by about 1.5hrs. Spent quite a few hours there this afternoon. Why would you even enter the BA lounge?!

Oh, and I can confirm the fish is back to 2 decent size pieces ^
Her indoors asked me to pick up some crisps.
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
I'm Silver and from T3 tomorrow to Bilbao on BA.

Can I guest in my wife to the CX lounge ?

I'm assuming yes because I can in HKG

Found answer as yes so all good. :-)

Last edited by GlasgowCyclops; Aug 26, 2017 at 1:34 am Reason: found answer
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Struggling, BA F has better wine, a kids room, and the printer is faster...maybe some different spirits.

That is about it, on all other counts such as food, layout, ambience, view, cleanliness etc etc, CX F wins.
It appears the more I read about the CX F LHR lounge we are very much looking forward to trying that out for the first time in Jan maybe not even bother with a lounge crawl^
Old Aug 26, 2017, 1:59 am

Currently sitting in the Aer Lingus Lounge at T2 to head over to Dublin for the day and begin this summers ex-eu TATL with AA.

Tomorrow my gf and I have J from LHR to Lax so excited to try both AA J for the first time (I have a feeling I'm going to prefer it to CW) and a noodle/dim sum lunch at CX T3 😎. If it's anywhere near as good as their lounges in HKG, I'm in for a treat. Might pop into AA quickly to get her some pick and mix though!
Old Aug 26, 2017, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by SuitedandBooted
Currently sitting in the Aer Lingus Lounge at T2 to head over to Dublin for the day and begin this summers ex-eu TATL with AA.

Tomorrow my gf and I have J from LHR to Lax so excited to try both AA J for the first time (I have a feeling I'm going to prefer it to CW) and a noodle/dim sum lunch at CX T3 😎. If it's anywhere near as good as their lounges in HKG, I'm in for a treat. Might pop into AA quickly to get her some pick and mix though!
You will definitely enjoy. I am guessing you will never cross the Atlantic (on a day flight) in the current form of CW again - AA is just so much better ^

Enjoy the CX T3 lounge - if you've been used to BA offerings, you're in for a treat
Old Aug 26, 2017, 5:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
Used the CX Flounge on Wednesday for the first time before my flight to CPT, and very pleasant it was as well. The food in the little restaurant was limited due to the deep fat fryer being broken, but I was told that before I was seated.

I also used their showers which was avast improvement on the BA ones.

The WiFi seemed faster than the BA lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.