Search

40min connection at LCY on non-EU passport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
40min connection at LCY on non-EU passport

Hi FT,

LIN-LCY-GLA - I need the latest possible flight out of LIN which is the 17:55 via LCY

Even without delays this gives me 40min at LCY to catch what is the last LCY>GLA of the day at 19:30

I also need to clear immigration via the non-EU lane

1. Is this too risky? Am I crazy?
2. How will BA handle a misconnect? Bus me to LHR?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by enzzha
Hi FT,

LIN-LCY-GLA - I need the latest possible flight out of LIN which is the 17:55 via LCY

Even without delays this gives me 40min at LCY to catch what is the last LCY>GLA of the day at 19:30

1. Is this too risky? Am I crazy?
2. How will BA handle a misconnect? Bus me to LHR?
Will it be on a single ticket and will they sell it to you (i.e. does it pass MCT check)? Could you cope with the first flight to GLA next morning if it does fail? If both of these is yes, then I'd say absolutely go for it, chances are it'll be absolutely fine anyway and you'll be looked after in the small chance it wouldn't. If no, then think twice just in case. If you can't or won't do it on one ticket then it would be silly and not at all recommended.

As an alternative, unless it's a Saturday you have the option of the flight plus lowland sleeper, which could be safer.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
1) Doable, it is a busy time at LCY but flag down one of the staff if it is getting tight. Security for departures shouldn't be too bad.

2) Probably put you up in a hotel overnight. By the time you get to LHR the last flight to GLA would have left.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: Qantas Gold, Virgin Australia Platinum, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
In my experience the queue at the non-EU lane at LCY tends to be very short. They usually clear the handful of non-EU passengers on any flight quite quickly. LCY arrivals seem to be heavily dominated by pax who are EU citizens.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
Will it be on a single ticket and will they sell it to you (i.e. does it pass MCT check)?
It's within MCT and BA do sell it.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Ticketed

This is going to be interesting.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:49 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Ticketed

This is going to be interesting.
I have a done a 30-25 mins turnaround before with a long EU passport line. As most posters have mentioned, after getting through passport, it's just a quick left after exiting arrivals up the escalator to security.
If security is long, just flag or politely ask to be let to the front. I find the security personals are much friendlier compared to other LON airports, so they will help you.

Cheers!

ps: not sure but I was told (at least for CitiJet) if i have such a connection, you can inform a staff when you deboard the plane and they will just bring you directly to the next gate - this is if it is a WY-WY connection. Not sure if BA is so kind to do this...
Old Jul 20, 2017, 3:56 am

Originally Posted by nldogbert
ps: not sure but I was told (at least for CitiJet) if i have such a connection, you can inform a staff when you deboard the plane and they will just bring you directly to the next gate - this is if it is a WY-WY connection. Not sure if BA is so kind to do this...
I think coming from LIN that should not technically be allowed since the UK does not consider arrivals from outside the UK as 'clean', and therefore requires that hand baggage be re-screened before boarding on onward flight.

In the other direction from GLA, it should be ok if LCY permits it.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 4:06 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert

There is no way WY should be doing this for the reasons mentioned by Ldnn1. All international arrivals in to UK airports require re-screening through security when connecting before going on to their next flight.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
And unless Oman Air have started flying MCT-LCY then that would be WX please

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.