FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Flight + Hotel - Another IT Glitch? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1854931-ba-flight-hotel-another-glitch.html)

DelTroon Jul 19, 2017 1:03 am

BA Flight + Hotel - Another IT Glitch?

Have been looking a several different options for holiday + hotel options but the BA website now gives you the cheapest flight options which usually involve a stopover despite BA having direct flights. Examples are LGW-MLE are routing via DOH with BA and then QR to MLE, LHR-MRU is routing via JNB. Most frustrating as there is not an option to state you want direct flights only. A call to BA Holidays (very helpful) confirmed this is what the system is doing. The system has never done this before and it is extremely frustrating.

GlasgowBlue Jul 19, 2017 2:20 am

On the page where you select your choice of hotels there's normally a "select other flights" option under the first hotel. Does this allow you to pick a direct flight?

Normally clicking this give a full list of all (or almost all) flight options for your days of travel, both with connections and direct.

Cymro Jul 19, 2017 2:28 am

LHR-MRU will always route via JNB - the non-stop departs from LGW. It also isn't daily, which won't help.

Foltan Jul 19, 2017 4:47 am

I hate to ask the obvious questions but are you sure you're searching on dates when there's actually flights? Both MLE and MRU are seasonal and not daily. Also LHR doesn't fly direct to MRU anyway, only LGW

You probably know all this, but just checking!:)

DelTroon Jul 19, 2017 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Foltan (Post 28578694)
I hate to ask the obvious questions but are you sure you're searching on dates when there's actually flights? Both MLE and MRU are seasonal and not daily. Also LHR doesn't fly direct to MRU anyway, only LGW

You probably know all this, but just checking!:)

Yes thanks, I first looked up a flight only so I could be sure the direct flight was operating but when I went back to add hotel the flights changed to via DOH, my mistake I did input LHR for MRU!

DelTroon Jul 19, 2017 6:10 am

Originally Posted by GlasgowBlue (Post 28578450)
On the page where you select your choice of hotels there's normally a "select other flights" option under the first hotel. Does this allow you to pick a direct flight?

Normally clicking this give a full list of all (or almost all) flight options for your days of travel, both with connections and direct.

thanks this worked but it is still frustrating, I input LGW-MLE and it returns flights from LHR via DOH !

There is a box to customise your trip but this does not give the option to select no stop over/changes.