Search

BA Holidays - A Gem

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:09 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Gold Elite; Hilton Gold
BA Holidays - A Gem

I'm due to fly from Milan to Madrid to Santiago later today, booked with BA Holidays. A nice £1,500 saving compared to a UK starting point.

As I attempted to check in last night, I noticed my son's surname had been misspelled by my original booking. Panic. Can they change it? Will they charge?

I rang the helpline number and got through within seconds. I was immediately reassured that it was an easy typo to make and that a correction could easily be implemented. Within ten minutes I'd been reticketed and managed to check myself in.

Painless, reassuring, cost free and quick. A big relief given airline's usual desire to charge a chunky fee for any sort of amendment.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Great outcome and nice to hear a positive story. Enjoy your holiday!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BAEC Silver, Marriott Platinum, HH Gold
Does it work well for non-UK departures? I have tried a couple of times ex-Germany but I have not found such good deals as with a UK departure point.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 12:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by JFSV
Does it work well for non-UK departures? I have tried a couple of times ex-Germany but I have not found such good deals as with a UK departure point.
Can do - went to MRU from LGW last year and got CW flights + 10 nights hotel through BA holidays for about £200 over the price as just booking the flights on their own.

Mrs Lem put her foot down and insisted on direct flight and "none of that messing around beforehand" for that one.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:12 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JFSV
I assume it depends where and when you're travelling.

Italy was excellent for most of South America when I booked in January. £2,100 v £1,300 pp in business class. Lots of internal flights booked in Chile on Sky as limited LATAM Avios availability. Cash paid to get to Easter Island.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 1:29 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I recently booked my first BA holidays, ZRH-LHR-INV return in CE + a car for 10 days in September. Unfortunately the savings weren't much, only about £60, but better than nothing. Part payment option was very useful!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Savings can be decent out of the UK as well - done AGP and MRU this year as Club flights + hotel for not much more than flight only would have cost. The premium to fly Club somehow also seems to be less when booking a holiday.

One of our flights got cancelled on the outbound on a flight & hotel booking a while back - one quick call to the BA Holidays line (transfer from the Gold line) and they had us re-booked for the same flights & hotel one week later to make up for it...(suited better than flying the next day). Very efficient.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Agree with ratypus ... we've done a few Caribbean 'flight + hotel' with great savings and some excellent support from BA Holidays [e.g. booking an accommodation option that wasn't listed BA.com]. ISTR in one case the CW flights were almost free!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:18 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by T8191
Agree with ratypus ... we've done a few Caribbean 'flight + hotel' with great savings and some excellent support from BA Holidays [e.g. booking an accommodation option that wasn't listed BA.com]. ISTR in one case the CW flights were almost free!
ISTR?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by florens
ISTR?
I suck toes repeatedly.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I seem to recall, florens.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:52 am

I tried looking into this ex-AMS recently and the BA Holidays page redirected me to ba.com - was I doing soemthing wrong?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Wozza2404
I suck toes repeatedly.
Lol!
You've met Uncle T then?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Lol!
You've met Uncle T then?
Oi! Behave!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:27 am
In Memoriam
Original Poster

Less impressed by Iberia refusing my bags four hours before the fight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.