Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LBA morning rotation dropped from Feb '18?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2017, 12:47 pm

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
My regular trip to LBA prompted me to check the pax figures, which are on the up for August 2017:
+4.9% versus same month in 2016
Load factor August of 58.8% (similar to June and up from July).
Old Dec 6, 2017, 12:59 pm

Later LBA morning rotation S18

I was disappointed to get an email from BA today letting me know that my LBA-LHR 09:20-10:35 flight next June has been re-timed as 11:05-12:20.

On further investigation, it seems this is a timetable change for April to October 2018, with the morning rotation changed from:

LHR 07:35/08:35 LBA 09:20/10:35 LHR
to
LHR 09:20/10:20 LBA 11:05:12:20 LHR

It’s a great shame that there’ll be no scheduled morning arrival into LHR from Leeds and this must surely have a big impact on connecting traffic.

It will also have an adverse impact on business travellers wanting to come to Yorkshire for the day.

The only benefit I can see will be for more flexibility on early LH arrivals into LHR wanting to connect to LBA.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Corpt
The only benefit I can see will be for more flexibility on early LH arrivals into LHR wanting to connect to LBA.
The key benefit is whatever reason induced BA to make this change. They are hoping to make more money this way - and their recent track record suggests they're currently quite good at making these judgements.

Yorkshire-based business travellers, people connecting to LH from Leeds, ...., are all irrelevant to BA, (further than how much cash they are expected to bring in... )
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:12 pm

This is entirely for the benefit of KARFA,so he never misses the early morning flight
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:14 pm

I don’t disagree, but was speaking from the point of view of a user of this service, not a BA (or IAG) shareholder.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Corpt
I was disappointed to get an email from BA today letting me know that my LBA-LHR 09:20-10:35 flight next June has been re-timed as 11:05-12:20.

On further investigation, it seems this is a timetable change for April to October 2018, with the morning rotation changed from:

LHR 07:35/08:35 LBA 09:20/10:35 LHR
to
LHR 09:20/10:20 LBA 11:05:12:20 LHR

It’s a great shame that there’ll be no scheduled morning arrival into LHR from Leeds and this must surely have a big impact on connecting traffic.

It will also have an adverse impact on business travellers wanting to come to Yorkshire for the day.

I received the texts and emails too earlier today. It seems the midday rotation is staying roughly the same. However the early rotation seems later as you note in the day so leaving LHR around 0920 and therefore the first southbound arrival at LHR isn’t now until 1220. The evening rotation is earlier as well with the last southbound leaving LBA sometimes around 1830 and sometimes around 1730.

i agree with you, my thoughts were the same in that it reduces connection possibilities and day trip possibilities. The early rotation is usually the busiest of the three.

Speaking to others elsewhere we both had the same thought about a nightstopper. By making the morning rotation 2 hours later and bring the evening rotation 1-2 hours earlier it does almost look like they are making space for a late (~2100) northbound and early (~0700) southbound. Perhaps we are just indulging in wishful thinking though

The LBA management have always been keen on a night stopper, but obviously it hasn’t happened so far. However, with the new owners and management at LBA you never know. If I find out anymore I’ll post it.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Those who are visiting Yorkshire for the day will not require to stay at Heathrow the night before perhaps?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by rapidex
This is entirely for the benefit of KARFA,so he never misses the early morning flight
they obviously have heard about my early morning issues so wanted to help. I think I can make an 11am flight
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by navylad
Those who are visiting Yorkshire for the day will not require to stay at Heathrow the night before perhaps?
For day trippers heading north the changes make that worse not better since you would arrive at lba 2 hours later than currently and have to leave 1-2 hours earlier.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
LBA service to be cut to ONE rotation per day on some days from April 2018...

Just received a personal call from the GGL line. Schedule from April 2018 being cut. BA unsure as to exactly which day in April this comes in but on three days of the week (memory like a goldfish and had many things running through my head when I received the call...) there will only be ONE rotation LBA/LHR per day. So more than just a time change like in a previous thread. The time change was Step 1. Reason given was commercial of course.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:29 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by KARFA
For day trippers heading north the changes make that worse not better since you would arrive at lba 2 hours later than currently and have to leave 1-2 hours earlier.
but not have to stay the night before, it really depends why your going and how long you need I guess.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:48 pm

It is certainly the case that in Q1 2018 some days were down to one rotation and I listed that in this post https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...04&postcount=4

I hadn't heard about cuts from Q2 onwards, I guess it will all come out if this is the case.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Still one too many if you ask me!
dylanks and rapidex like this.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Still one too many if you ask me!
I never liked you anyway
Old Dec 6, 2017, 2:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Gives me more time to get to LBA by train/bus should I want to take that option, although driving is still easier for me.
Handy for me when connecting to 4pm or so US bound flights. A little less practical for EU flights.

No changes planned for Saturdays? Think they need something after 2pm as they do on Sundays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.