Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA [award] space on BA website

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
This issue has returned. After booking AA flights a couple of weeks ago on ba.com it is now showing zero availability in Y when AA is showing sAAver flights available. Business is showing up but not for all the options displayed on AA.com.

Really frustrating that this is so unreliable.
Yes, agreed, I'm seeing similar results on BA.com -- in my case, some flights are showing up with availability, but not nearly the number of flights that are available as sAAvers on AA.com. BA seems to stop searching or making available flights after the first 12 are populated. I do not want to leave until an evening flight, but no flights in my case past 13:30 are showing up.

If we need to call to investigate, who do you recommend we call to try to investigate and book? The NY/Queens Call Centre? The London Centre? I've seen some people have success in Singapore on other sites, too. Any recommendations?

Last edited by BrianJ; Sep 16, 2018 at 2:58 pm Reason: spell error
Old Sep 17, 2018, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm finding some availability but typically, the one day out of the entire month I need to travel, ideally overnight, nothing unless I want to arrive a little after midnight or have to fork out £250+ for a hotel for a few hours

Have noticed that for LAX-JFK and SFO-JFK for my date, and around it, only first class redemptions (the LAX flights have 1-3 seats on every flight that day). Last year when I wanted first, practically zero outside of Y but booked an MCE seat and had a lovely flight with a middle free eastbound and another time with all 3 seats to myself.

Might easier just paying the £140 and earning a few Avios etc.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by BrianJ
If we need to call to investigate, who do you recommend we call to try to investigate and book? The NY/Queens Call Centre? The London Centre? I've seen some people have success in Singapore on other sites, too. Any recommendations?
Not sure there's any point beyond asking them to invetigate. The one time I did bother to complain about flights available on aa.com not being offered by ba.co, I got a cut&paste apologising for poor availability.

As for where to book, just make a note of the flights you want when you see sAAver seats on aa.com and call BA to book.
Old Sep 18, 2018, 9:51 am

If I ring up to book something like SFO-LAX-JFK, would it cost 7500 + 12500 Avios + 2 x £4.30 or would the money component be higher?

Playing around with prices for separate legs, the whole lot etc. and not sure if it's best to price it up as separate flights or combined (looking at a layover in LAX to possibly grab a late breakfast and lunch in the QF lounge).
Overnights cost more in £ so might be better as reward flights than some cheaper day flights.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 12:09 pm

Still having the issue. Loads of flights available on AA.com yet nothing on BA.com.
Rang BA up and they can see no availability.

Got a flight booked for the day before I want to travel, but I want to spend an extra day on the west coast.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:51 pm

I can't believe this problem has been around for years and has still not been fixed.
Old Jun 11, 2019, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by yerffej201
I can't believe this problem has been around for years and has still not been fixed.
Was just coming here to say the same thing. Nov 23-30 NYC-RDU wide open on AA.....bupkis on BA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.