New Safety Video

Old Jul 9, 2018, 1:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Having worked with [not for] a major UK agency on a project, I am always amazed at how they are capable of missing the key points to reflect, instead, their 'duckiness' and 'ingenuity'. I found them infuriating, ignorant and intransigent. I suspect BA hit the same walls I did.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
James Bond (wasn't the 007 franchise associated with BA before? I remember Bond in Golden Eye sleeping in the new BA C)
If I remember correctly, Bond used Virgin last time
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
The new onboard video appears to be shorter than the one it replaces. Less clutter than the first iteration,
5 minutes 30 seconds for the new one which I think is 1 minute (or a little more) shorter than the one it replaces.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
It's still far too long in my opinion.
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2018, 4:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Calum
If I remember correctly, Bond used Virgin last time
It seems there are nutpots compiling such things... British Airways | James Bond Wiki | FANDOM powered by Wikia According to them, the last and only time 007 flew BA C was in 2002.

VS was used to fly in Quantum of Solace: https://jamesbondlocations.blogspot....l-red-hot.html
Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:23 pm

Can't really decide if the new TK safety video is utterly awful and worse than BA's one or if it's actually quite good..

Old Aug 5, 2018, 1:39 pm

It's good! Or should I say 'awesome'
tedcruz likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It is very good.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I quite like it on this first watch – but I can already tell that I would get really fed up with it after a few flights.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Back to work this week, after six weeks holiday, so saw the new safety video for the first time. It's embarrassing, even worse than the first one.
justin_krusty and twincheeks like this.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Oh god I forgot about this - furiously starts downloading youtube and netflix shows for his next LH in a week or so
Old Aug 24, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
When did the humour aspect creep into these safety videos? I'm pretty certain it wasn't there from the start (on BA anyway). I suppose the idea is that it also serves as a marketing tool; I've noticed the release of these videos gets reported as a 'news' items.
I think Virgin Atlantic might have started it. When they did their first animated video, which in itself was quite a game-changer, there were elements of humour in that - such as the 'please remove your high heeled shoes' line which featured a cowboy taking off his heeled cowboy boots. I seem to recall BA producing an animated video after that as well. This article is quite good for looking at the evolution of the safety video https://www.citylab.com/life/2017/12...videos/548858/
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
I trust someone in BAs red braces department has had the foresight to shoot a backup “Four BAFTAs, actually....” segment, ready to be hastily edited into the video tomorrow morning ...
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Exec Blue
Originally Posted by Mike P
It's still far too long in my opinion.
Agreed, safety information should be clear and concise. While BA's video definitely gets all the points across, it does drag on.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2019, 3:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Soooo, in the newer video The guy says people wont know who Joanna Lumley is, but in the original screened on my flight today he admits a line was meant for Lumley!?
Still hate both videos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.