Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Why can't they make a proper effort like virgin america?!?!?!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 10:36 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Try EK.... you have to listen to the whole thing in Arabic as well as English. Then, if you've not already slit your wrists, you get the pleasure of listening to Andi Peters telling you about the IFE

Old Sep 2, 2017, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by T8191
Likewise. I was losing the will to live

I hope this rather sad version will be replaced fairly quickly.
Indeed!

I saw it for the first time yesterday and frankly, it was painful to watch - seemingly, as did many of my fellow passengers who returned to their newspapers and PED's midway through.

I am all for inserting a little comedy into a safety briefing, but I just wonder what passengers from different cultures and nationalities thought.

Hopefully it will be replaced with a no frills shorter version getting the safety message over without highly paid 'celebrities' messing about.

The old adage 'less is more' springs to mind.

What a waste of money.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:10 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
I'm finding customers are enjoying it and listening more carefully.

I can see from these posts that some of you don't like it but I am not seeing that on the flights that I have operated.

Most short haul flights will have the video but some of the newer aircraft are waiting for a system update as the video is not a tape version. So some short haul Airbuses will get the new video in October and November but many do already have it.

If the taxi is very short or the new video is not available, you may see a manual demonstration instead.
Prospero and golfmad like this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 1:59 am

Programs: BA Gfl / GGL + CCR , Amex Platinum, Amex BA Premium Plus
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Although I know they are included in the safety instruction card, I'm quite surprised there are no exit/slide/flotation visualisations or door opening instructions.
Maybe it is to save cost - so the same video can be used on all aircraft? But I agree it is strange not to include it.

It's remarkable that BA have managed to make the new video even longer than the previous one, yet it contains less safety information now!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gfl / GGL + CCR , Amex Platinum, Amex BA Premium Plus
This looks identical to the safety video that was played on board yesterday LHR-CDG ...
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:08 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
Slightly OT and maybe I am just a bit paranoid, but I always check the [resence of a life jacket under my seat, prompted by the references in the safety briefing. Am I alone in this?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:25 am

The only advantage of this video seems to be that we will not get the Flying Start video before landing which invariably in my experience is played just as the movie you are watching is at a key moment.
Other than that the video is amateurish and clearly too long.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:47 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by hsmall
Slightly OT and maybe I am just a bit paranoid, but I always check the [resence of a life jacket under my seat, prompted by the references in the safety briefing. Am I alone in this?
I do as well, although I'm a bit of a weirdo so that might explain why.

It's probably fair to say that the vast majority of pax don't check. If the person sitting in 30A or 31A on Metrojet flight 9268 had checked under her seat, it could have possibly prevented a catastrophe. This was the Sharm El Sheik flight which was brought down by an explosion as it passed over Sinai. It's suspected that the explosion was caused by an IED smuggled on board and planted under one of the seats by a ground staff employee.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by scillyisles
The only advantage of this video seems to be that we will not get the Flying Start video before landing which invariably in my experience is played just as the movie you are watching is at a key moment.
Other than that the video is amateurish and clearly too long.
But BA in their wisdom have told us to continue to play the Flying Start 40 minutes before landing.
Oh and another thing, the video is so international and descriptive that there won't be any subtitles for the different languages.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by hsmall
Originally Posted by yurtripper
I do as well, although I'm a bit of a weirdo so that might explain why.
I'm not weird [probably] and I've started checking too. Had to get down on my knees a few times [different CE/CW/AA seats] to identify what I should be looking for, and now feel reasonably confident I can find the red banner!
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:40 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Can I help you
But BA in their wisdom have told us to continue to play the Flying Start 40 minutes before landing.
Oh and another thing, the video is so international and descriptive that there won't be any subtitles for the different languages.
On my Friday JFK service they did only a brief spoken chogging announcement at the 40 minute stage, along with the usual washrooms being out of use message, so that wasn't so bad. They didn't show the video (aren't MF hats semi-banned anyway at the moment?). We got the new video at the start.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hats are no longer banned, everyone is working we are one happy family. NOT!
I think that there has been some confusion about showing the Flying Start video, I would have thought we should not but we have been told to continue showing it.
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Try EK.... you have to listen to the whole thing in Arabic as well as English. Then, if you've not already slit your wrists, you get the pleasure of listening to Andi Peters telling you about the IFE

Oh OK, and what would be about that?
Old Sep 3, 2017, 5:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

c-w-s, was the new announcement regarding all window blinds being up for takeoff and landing made?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.