Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The real one includes more content and less fluff but still in my opinion isn't suitable other than for a one month publicity stunt for Flying Start.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The real one includes more content and less fluff but still in my opinion isn't suitable other than for a one month publicity stunt for Flying Start.
Why? This format works for many airlines.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:40 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I was surprised to read that Gillian Anderson was now British.

However, given that she appears on the FCO's list of Honorary British awards to foreign nationals - 2016 I guess that she is not British!

(And which of actor/comedian is Gordon Ramsay? )
She went to Coleridge Primary School around the corner from me in Hornsey Rise / Crouch End (which at the time was more a gangsters retirement home than the transport free hippy enclave it is today).
Old Jul 19, 2017, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bmused55
Which airline mixes safety and charity in their briefing?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:09 am

Programs: BA Bronze
No, Safety and comedy. As has been said umpteen times, the finished safety video will have a lot of the fluff removed. So it will be an entertaining yet still informative safety brief.

The tie up with comic relief is just a further development. It does not mean Comic Relief will be mentioned in the on board safety video.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
If it does away with the interruptions at the end of the flight I'm happy for it to be included at the end of the briefing. I am fed up of having that Flying Start video shoved in my face at the end of every flight.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
If it does away with the interruptions at the end of the flight I'm happy for it to be included at the end of the briefing. I am fed up of having that Flying Start video shoved in my face at the end of every flight.
+1 on this.

It also currently elongates the landing brief which, when I'm still sleepy on an east coast flight is, frankly, annoying to hear it for the x hundredth time.

I'm awake for the safety brief. Give me the overview there - remind me where the envelope is and move on.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, Safety and comedy. As has been said umpteen times, the finished safety video will have a lot of the fluff removed. So it will be an entertaining yet still informative safety brief.

The tie up with comic relief is just a further development. It does not mean Comic Relief will be mentioned in the on board safety video.
Have you watched the video, no I didn't think so!
I have nothing against comedy when used appropriately.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I would prefer for it to to be shoved in your face at all but sadly the shoving continues.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:47 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JamieABZ
I too often think I would like to see footage of how the overwing works. It's ok nodding and saying you're fine with it but really? I would imagine it's not half as easy as they say. But I'm probably over-thinking.
They're far heavier than you'd expect, I was invited to pick one up once and nearly fell over with it. I will admit to looking at the people sitting in those rows when I board and judging whether it is likely to be an appropriate exit or not. Sadly, most often the latter.

I too await the final onboard version with interest, but what concerns me about what we've seen so far is the lack of aircraft-specific info, principally with respect to the doors. The current one says "there are eight emergency exits on this aircraft, two at the rear, and two at the front of each cabin section", accompanied by an animation showing them all and followed by the crew pointing out your nearest. This richness I fear will be lost, possibly in the name of cost-cutting as I guess it must be expensive to make several versions, which is very sad and potentially dangerous. I hope I'm wrong.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, CX Gold (OW Sapphire), Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
The unrelenting negativity on this board continues unabated, I see.

BA do something decent (and how many of us on here were fed up of the old, out date one) and give us a preview of the finalised one ... and people just complain, complain, complain.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Until they get rebuked by the relevant safety authority for burying the safety message and adding too much extraneous "fluff".
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:55 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Aside from the fact that anything featuring Thandie Newton will have me paying very close attention, I like the fact that BA have gone in this direction and I enjoyed the new video. However, I say that having watched it just the once. Whether I retain that view 300 flights down the road when I can recite the entire script word-for-word in my sleep is a whole different question!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Good i really couldn't stand that freaking rabbit anymore!!!
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Jordan D
The unrelenting negativity on this board continues unabated, I see.

BA do something decent (and how many of us on here were fed up of the old, out date one) and give us a preview of the finalised one ... and people just complain, complain, complain.
Agree - too many on here seem to have overlooked (or chosen to ignore) that this is just the promotional video to highlight the comic relief connection. The actual video will be shorter and comments concerning its length etc should wait until the actual video is available for us all to see.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.