New Safety Video

Old Sep 4, 2019, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by IslingtonFlyer
On BA460 today and the safety video seems to have changed to a third comic relief version including a mixture clips from the original and second version. At the start it even had a Star Wars style ‘version 3’ introduction. Anyone else seen this change?
Yeah it's like hybrid of Number 1 and 2.
At least Gandalf is back
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by IslingtonFlyer
On BA460 today and the safety video seems to have changed to a third comic relief version including a mixture clips from the original and second version. At the start it even had a Star Wars style ‘version 3’ introduction. Anyone else seen this change?
Yes, saw it a few days ago. As you say, mostly a mashup of the previous two, with a new line added here or there. For example, Olivia Coleman added her Golden Globe to the 3 Baftas, but failed to mention the Oscar IIRC - maybe they are saving that for version 4. Chabuddy G's Michael Caine impression also added at the start.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
I can't stand these safety videos and find them totally cringeworthy.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Yes, saw it a few days ago. As you say, mostly a mashup of the previous two, with a new line added here or there. For example, Olivia Coleman added her Golden Globe to the 3 Baftas, but failed to mention the Oscar IIRC - maybe they are saving that for version 4. Chabuddy G's Michael Caine impression also added at the start.
IIRC she now has, inter alia, 4 BAFTAs, 2 Golden Globes and an Oscar!

Has Gordon Ramsay made a return?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
IIRC she now has, inter alia, 4 BAFTAs, 2 Golden Globes and an Oscar!

Has Gordon Ramsay made a return?
In that case she is definitely saving something for version 4...

Don't recall seeing Gordon, I think that section was using the version 2 scene done by Naomie Harris.
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
At least removing the video screens from the short haul fleet has one benefit. Manual Demos.
T8191 and EDIwanderer like this.
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:08 am

Programs: Mucci! (and BA Gold, HH Dia etc.)
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
The screen is so small that I couldn’t see if Olivia Colman and Asim Chaudhry were wearing their Extinction Rebellion badges during the safety video. It feels strange to be lectured by the same people expressing different opinions depending on who is pointing the camera. Or perhaps I shouldn’t be surprised?
Old Nov 8, 2019, 5:18 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
I absolutely hate the safety video. The old one was properly iconic, this one a horrific nod to the horrible celebrity culture that has invaded society.

It’s seriously probably the only enhancement in the last 10 years that’s had me close to typing ‘I’m never flying BA again!’
cjb666 and Mixbury like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.