Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Safety Video

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Prospero
Credi? Lo spero.
Le pensez-vous? J'espere.
¿Crees eso? Eso espero.
Denkst du so? Ich hoffe es.
你是这么认为的吗?但愿如此。
هل تعتقد ذلك؟ آمل ذلك.

Do you think so? I hope so.
here is me trying to understand why you use the formal you in Italian and French but the informal one in Spanish and German - aren’t mods supposed to be neutral?
Prospero, florens and LCSinTexas like this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 2:31 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by orbitmic

here is me trying to understand why you use the formal you in Italian and French but the informal one in Spanish and German - aren’t mods supposed to be neutral?
I find the missing accent grave far worse, eh, grave!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:42 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Saltire74
tiresome
I’ll raise your seen-it-a-few-times-now descriptor to “grating”.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:44 pm

There are English subtitles available already. Th-andie vs Thandi a real highlight. Hopefully the foreign ones come soon.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 8:13 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by florens

Only a bit?
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
I’ll raise your seen-it-a-few-times-now descriptor to “grating”.
I was being diplomatic

​​​​​​​S
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by CrazyJ82
This video isn't getting any better with repeated viewing. The jokes are unfunny, or at least unintelligible to many non-Brits.
The of a safety-video must be for people to learn and remember - this video is not in that category! The safety message does not get through here.

As a non-Brit I found the first view only slightly entertaining, but since connecting in London I have to watch it four times on a return-trip I am really bored and getting tired of it. I always try to see the safety-videos when flying, but I can't stand this anymore. I would guess that is not the intention of the safety-video. It is really way to long and messy in my view, and as a non native English speaker all the noise takes away the important massage. When the video have finished, I really don't have a clear view of what the important things are. There are no illustrations of aircraft-exists, opening of doors etc. so really no visuals to remember. I really think someone have forgotten that BA have a lot of international passengers, both from a cultural perspective and from a language-perspective.

The old one was not super-cool, funny or entertaining, but contained audible and visual effects that could be remembered, and was not annoying in any way so I could easily just watch it several times.
adrianlondon likes this.

Last edited by Discus; Dec 31, 2017 at 2:34 am
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:22 am

Well, the good news for those of us who have to stand in the aisle inwardly cringing four times a day listening to this drivel, the A32x neos and the re configured ceos (current A320 / A321 with the space flex galley / loo combo at the back, and even more seats) is that the video system is being taken off, so it'll be manual demo every flight.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
I'm a Brit but haven't lived in the UK for 30 years and have to some extent lost contact. Unfortunately the safety video looks to me as though it contains a pile of characters I'm supposed to be familiar with, but don't mean anything to me.
As others say, it's OK once, maybe twice, but it pretty quickly becomes most boring.
I find the Brussels airlines video rather fun and have sit through that one more frequently than BA.
My own feeling is that any safety video would have more impact if it were shorter and limited to the essentials. Luggage stowage, seat belt, oxygen mask, life-belt. Forget all the rest. I'm sure 90% switch off after 30 seconds.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
Well, the good news for those of us who have to stand in the aisle inwardly cringing four times a day listening to this drivel, the A32x neos and the re configured ceos (current A320 / A321 with the space flex galley / loo combo at the back, and even more seats) is that the video system is being taken off, so it'll be manual demo every flight.
I guess this means no moving map then?
Old Dec 31, 2017, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by G-BUSI
I guess this means no moving map then?
I'm afraid not, but I'll hold up a map at the back of the high life magazine and slowly draw a line during the flight! Mfcc has posted more updates about the neos in a separate thread. Very interesting as I haven' had my training yet.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All screams cheap to me.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 2:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bwaflyer
I'm afraid not, but I'll hold up a map at the back of the high life magazine and slowly draw a line during the flight! .
One of the A318 pilots does that. Or rather, he draws up a line on a copy of the map with a pen, and then sticks it on one of the partitions.
Old Dec 31, 2017, 4:27 pm

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
I am fed up of it now but there were quite a few chuckles from passengers yesterday on my flight to Gran Canaria.
Old Jan 1, 2018, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Having had to suffer through it yet again recently, I'm hoping it's going to die a death soon. The stewardess reminded us to count our blessings; we don't get to see it nearly as often as she does!!
oldone likes this.

Last edited by ILikePancakes; Jan 1, 2018 at 4:25 am
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:35 am

Programs: BA Plastic. HH Diamond. Speedwell Bar Lifetime Platinum.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
One of the A318 pilots does that. Or rather, he draws up a line on a copy of the map with a pen, and then sticks it on one of the partitions.
AA used to do that. I have a map from my first transatlantic flight from an AA DC10. 😀
LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.