BA vs QR seat plan on A320

Old Jul 17, 17, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Question BA vs QR seat plan on A320

Just booked BA on QR metal on Weds in Y in 15A which, according to BA, is an exit seat (with Y starting at 8). However it looks like there are two versions - one with Y starting at 8 with 13/14 as the exit rows, and another starting at 9 with 14/15 as exit. But BA suggests my options start at 8 with rows14/15 as exit. Further compounded by a missing row 13 on my aircraft.

Utterly confused - J sold out and would prefer bit more space 2.5 hours in Y if I can help it, and could really do without the added nose-rub of sitting behind the seat I was after!

Anyone better clued up than me?
Old Jul 17, 17, 10:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Out to WAW last weekend we booked exit rows 12E,F and ended up on a Qatar A320 with exit rows in 13 & 14...... Not certain if they are all the same configure tho. Thankfully got a BA 320 back.
Old Jul 17, 17, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Thanks bmi. I'm on the WAW run (again...) and am completely confused. Row numbers on BA seat guide are 8-12 and 14-on (ie no 13), with 14 & 15 as ERs.

12 doesn't look like an ER either way, but the obnly way to guarantee looks like row 14...but only a middle seat is left.

What was the legroom like in 12? And the overall QR service/seats etc?
Old Jul 17, 17, 10:39 am
Original Poster

And can't get a bulkhead seat due to it being an infant seat (other than the middle).
Old Jul 17, 17, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, ICH Plat, Radisson Gold Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch View Post
Thanks bmi. I'm on the WAW run (again...) and am completely confused. Row numbers on BA seat guide are 8-12 and 14-on (ie no 13), with 14 & 15 as ERs.

12 doesn't look like an ER either way, but the obnly way to guarantee looks like row 14...but only a middle seat is left.

What was the legroom like in 12? And the overall QR service/seats etc?

I'm 6'2" and it was a bit roomier than BA. Interior is a bit tatty in comparison to most BA short haul and I really didn't like the colour scheme. We were out on the early flight and the only thing to eat was a hot date muffin loaf..... Was happy to find us back on BA metal with BoB.
Old Jul 17, 17, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I will do a F&B requisition from the WAW lounge based on your comments. I find their walnut salad topped up with cheese makes for a handy travel companion

Search this Thread