Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade at gate or check in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
Upgrade at gate or check in

Hi, I wanted to know what are the best options to buy an upgrade from WT+ to CW for a long haul flight to Asia with BA. Is it better to look to buy an upgrade at time of check in or wait to do it at the gate? Can I do it in the plane? Also, how much should I expect to pay if there are a good number (at least 3-4) of available seats in CW? I'm talking about a flight LHR to China, being a SCH.
Thanks!
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:32 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
If you aren't being offered a POUG in MMB then this thread has details of airport upgrades (AUPS)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...17-thread.html
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, SAA Voyager
Just to clarify, a POUG is a pro-active upgrade offer displayed on ba.com inside Manage My Booking. These are discounted upgrades offered proactively to customers who meet certain criteria and are subject to availability dependent on flight loads.

Paying to upgrade at the airport at time of check in is very common and, if you don't get offered a POUG, is the ideal time to do it - check in staff will tell you how much it will cost and will be able to process the upgrade in a couple of minutes there and then.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 8:39 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You cannot pay to upgrade on the plane.
In MMB or durint OLCI you may see a POUG (online upgrade offer).
Else at checkin you can ask about the upgrade price.

Note that just because there are CW seats available, you may not be offered a discounted upgrade.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.