Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption booking. F outbound WT return.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Redemption booking. F outbound WT return.

I've found availability for a reward booking in our required dates in each cabin, but to do so I've had to carry out two separate searches for each cabin. Is it possible to book this combination online, or will I need to call BA? When I use the flight finder and select F for the outbound, I can only see "as low" as WTP?

Thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by Spruce-Moose
I've found availability for a reward booking in our required dates in each cabin, but to do so I've had to carry out two separate searches for each cabin. Is it possible to book this combination online, or will I need to call BA? When I use the flight finder and select F for the outbound, I can only see "as low" as WTP?

Thanks.
You have to call.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:49 pm

You will need to call BA to do it as one booking.

What is your routing, though? Depending on that it may be cheaper to book as two one-ways than a return, due to the way BA sets 'carrier charges'.

For example, JFK-LHR-JFK is cheaper as two one-ways, whereas LHR-JFK-LHR is cheaper as a return.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!
I forgot to mention that I would be using an Amex 2-4-1. I guess that will stop me from doing as suggested.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

Oh and I'm looking for NCL-LHR-EWR/JFK return.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by Spruce-Moose
Thanks!
I forgot to mention that I would be using an Amex 2-4-1. I guess that will stop me from doing as suggested.
You can do it with a 2-4-1, just need to call. Going ex-UK it's cheaper as a return anyway so you're all good.

That said, if you can find enough avios and availability, I'd rather do J both ways than F outbound and Y inbound.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Cheers!
On the dates we've got there's nothing available for the return in other cabins. We're planning on booking it and keeping an eye out for availability opening up in CW.
Outbound has to be F however, my wife loves the CCR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.