Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

F seats for CW at OLCI, should I go for it ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze, Flying Blue, HH, Melia and many others

Hello,
flying tomorrow on BA103 LHR-YYC and booked in J with my husband, the seat map showed this morning row 1 and 2, which are F seats, to be open for selection but still would have to pay for as it is to early for free. Would be happy to pay for but I read from another thread that if CW cabin is not full we could get moved to CW cabin and possibly separated.
As I don't know how the loads are for this flight, just by dummy booking could see that 1 WT 2 WTP 5 CW on sale, I am not sure if I should pay for those F seats.
Thanks for any thoughts from the experts ?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I'd grab them before it's too late! If they move you out of the cabin you can claim a refund.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I'd grab them before it's too late! If they move you out of the cabin you can claim a refund.
Thanks Tobias-UK to answer so quickly.
My thoughts are not so much on paying for them but if we are moved and separated and possibly sitting each one in a middle seat in CW, I would be very sad.
As I don't know how the loads are and if the flight is possibly oversold, I'm not sure if we have a real chance to keep those F seats but I am really tempted.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:32 am

Programs: BA - Bronze : HHonnors Gold : Hyatt Gold
The same happened to us on BA103 on the 3rd July.
We had decent seats in J (7J & 7K) then on the 1st July the front two (F) rows opened up for selection.

I therefore considered moving us to the 'F' seats but changed my mind, just in case they decided not to use the 'F' section after all, and we would possibly have lost 7J & 7K and perhaps even found ourselves split up.

It was a good decision as sure enough, even though the 'F' section had opened up for selection two days earlier it was actually closed on the day of the flight - unused.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:32 am

Interesting dilemma. I think you'd be unlucky if you were separated very far. I upgraded to CW with my husband last year at the airport, and the only seats were 10D and 10G on a LGW 777 so we were separated, but it still was OK, we could pop round to see each other in flight if we wanted to, and we knew we were only a few feet away.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
This is the current availability on BA103 tomorrow. UK POS.

J5 C0 D0 R0 I0 W2 E0 T0 Y1 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

The seat map in EF shows the CW cabin as 31 occupied, 11 blocked. Only 1K showing available in the F cabin. Don't know if the F cabin will be used.

Last edited by Oaxaca; Jul 15, 2017 at 1:01 am
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Oaxaca
This is the current availability on BA103 tomorrow. UK POS.

J5 C0 D0 R0 I0 W2 E0 T0 Y1 B0 H0 K0 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0

The seat map in EF shows all the CW seats as either occupied or blocked (31 occupied, 11 blocked). Only 1K showing available in the F cabin.
Thanks Oaxaca for your reply , in MMB I can choose in CW 7 D/E/F, 11 D/E/F 10 J/K and 10 B and 13 J and in F I can choose any without 2 K as it has been taken an our ago. That you see them blocked on EF does it may be mean BA is doing a kind of dummy moving from the back to front a and the flight will be full ? If so I directly by the F ones

Originally Posted by Gorcat
The same happened to us on BA103 on the 3rd July.
We had decent seats in J (7J & 7K) then on the 1st July the front two (F) rows opened up for selection.

I therefore considered moving us to the 'F' seats but changed my mind, just in case they decided not to use the 'F' section after all, and we would possibly have lost 7J & 7K and perhaps even found ourselves split up.

It was a good decision as sure enough, even though the 'F' section had opened up for selection two days earlier it was actually closed on the day of the flight - unused.
That's exactly what I am afraid of
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
If you keep dithering you will lose your opportunity! Only 5 J seats for sale and an F cabin that holds 8 - you do the math!!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:10 am

At J5 and the cabins further down the back rammed full I'd say its most likely they'll be used - the 8xF seats are included in the J5, so they need to use at least 3 + accomodate any oversales further back

I'd snatch them up personally!
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:24 am
Original Poster

I am done took 1 and 2 A. Didn't realize that the F8 are included in the J5 which are still on sale.
So finger crossed now that nothing goes wrong.
Thanks a lot to all for the precious advices.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Can anybody explain why the OP who is bronze would need to pay to book these seats?
Old Jul 15, 2017, 1:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by madfish
Can anybody explain why the OP who is bronze would need to pay to book these seats?
Oups, sorry have been downgraded to Blue this year as I flow with others.
Will update it right now
Old Jul 15, 2017, 2:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by source05
I am done took 1 and 2 A. Didn't realize that the F8 are included in the J5 which are still on sale.
So finger crossed now that nothing goes wrong.
Thanks a lot to all for the precious advices.
Revenue management aren't that silly to say that those F seats, we won't sell'em...
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
Revenue management aren't that silly to say that those F seats, we won't sell'em...
No never had these kind of thoughts, but may be there was not enough crew at the time due to strike, or they my change the plane for 787-8 or something like that.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
This is going to be a close one, good luck with keeping the seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.