FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Positive F experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1853782-positive-f-experience.html)

pomkiwi Jul 14, 2017 4:33 am

Positive F experience

As one who has previously posted after poor flights I thought I would redress the balance. I flew from LHR to JNB last night on the 747 service in F. The crew were one member down due to the strike but worked really hard and provided efficient and friendly service to a full F cabin. They seemed to really enjoy their jobs and it showed. My companion was experiencing her first flight in F and they made time to talk with her and ensure she got to feel very spoilt. I have submitted a compliment via the BA website.

Pascoe Jul 14, 2017 5:52 am

I have a trip to Mex coming up, out in J, back in F

Will report back on that. Is that flight crew also likely to be affected by the MF dispute?

TedToToe Jul 15, 2017 1:59 pm

I have just booked LHR-HND-LHR in F using an AmEx 2-4-1 voucher and have a question. As it will be my 7 year old daughter's first experience of First, what are the chances of her visiting the flight deck? Is this something that is now frowned upon for security reasons? No need asking where she gets her avgeek streak from!

Woody12354 Jul 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Your daughter should have no problem visiting the flight deck, as long as it's once you land. We have had children and ourselves visit and speak to the Captain on several occasions after landing. Enjoy F

Can I help you Jul 15, 2017 2:05 pm

Every chance but not inflight, before takeoff or after landing, most flight crew prefer the latter.

TedToToe Jul 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Woody12354/CIHY, many thanks for the quick replies.

ben1991 Jul 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by TedToToe (Post 28564392)
I have just booked LHR-HND-LHR in F using an AmEx 2-4-1 voucher and have a question. As it will be my 7 year old daughter's first experience of First, what are the chances of her visiting the flight deck? Is this something that is now frowned upon for security reasons? No need asking where she gets her avgeek streak from!

I was in F a couple of weeks ago on the A380 and asked the crew whether it would be possible to visit the flight deck. A couple of minutes later the First Officer came and got me and took me in - this was all before the flight and I asked soon after boarding. No fuss whatsoever.

On another note, the WW crew were absolute fantastic - probably the best crew I've had in years.

Richardc77 Jul 15, 2017 3:39 pm

I have flown 6 times on BA in first via 241 companion and never had a bad trip, would say 5 excellent and one good. Maybe i'm lucky, who knows.

jmj9905 Jul 16, 2017 9:21 am

Glad to hear all these positive stories. I am flying F jnb/lhr in mid oct. Haven't flown BA F in a couple of years. Was a little concerned about all the negative reports I have read here.

TravellerFrequently Jul 16, 2017 10:23 am

F service and catering is usually very good, IME.

Occasionally, it is excellent or average.

Oxonian Jul 17, 2017 9:25 am

Forgive me, but as someone who has not yet experienced BA F, I would have thought that an excellent service would be the norm?

pomkiwi Jul 17, 2017 9:48 am

You will find plenty of threads on here suggesting otherwise. I have had some superb flights, some average flights and one or two very poor ones - sample sze is probably around 20 flights with BA in F and the ratio about 25%/65%/10%.

But you will hear about the bad ones more often (hence my intial post).

binman Jul 17, 2017 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Oxonian (Post 28570630)
Forgive me, but as someone who has not yet experienced BA F, I would have thought that an excellent service would be the norm?

It would be if your flying LH SR SQ QR QF CX AF etc but this is BA and it is a very mixed bag. If you have only ever flown Y or J on BA then F will be fabulous. If you have flown J on CX QF AA etc then BA F will be mediocre, If you have had the pleasure of any other genuine F service on many legacy carriers then BA F will simply not measure up. That why it is often referred to a club world +, the best business class in the sky.