FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Best GGL Benefit? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1853311-best-ggl-benefit.html)

1 Jul 12, 17 11:12 am

Best GGL Benefit?
 
What are the advantages of GGL over Gold? I can only see the Jokers as a benefit but do the GGL members find other benefits they would consider valuable?

Airprox Jul 12, 17 11:15 am


Originally Posted by 1 (Post 28551856)
What are the advantages of GGL over Gold? I can only see the Jokers as a benefit but do the GGL members find other benefits they would consider valuable?

The GGL Team without a doubt. Once they go, the benfit of GGL is definitely diminished.

KARFA Jul 12, 17 11:16 am

All described here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...r-s-guide.html

1 Jul 12, 17 11:16 am


Originally Posted by Airprox (Post 28551867)
The GGL Team without a doubt. Once they go, the benfit of GGL is definitely diminished.

Are they definitely going?

Markie Jul 12, 17 11:16 am


Originally Posted by Airprox (Post 28551867)
The GGL Team without a doubt. Once they go, the benfit of GGL is definitely diminished.

Totally, once they are outsourced, we'll not be well served I fear.

1 Jul 12, 17 11:18 am


Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28551870)

The benefits are all published...the question is what are deemed as valuable above Gold.

Tobias-UK Jul 12, 17 11:21 am


Originally Posted by 1 (Post 28551882)
The benefits are all published...the question is what are deemed as valuable above Gold.

That is a very subjective matter, and one for you to work out yourself. The link above will highlight many if the GGL benefits and you can then decide for yourself which are valuable.

Dave_C Jul 12, 17 11:24 am


Originally Posted by Markie (Post 28551872)
Totally, once they are outsourced, we'll not be well served I fear.

Oh for the days of the BMI PTS team that could do *anything*.

Tobias-UK Jul 12, 17 11:24 am


Originally Posted by Markie (Post 28551872)
Totally, once they are outsourced, we'll not be well served I fear.

We cant say that at this stage. Even if there is outsourcing, a GGL Team will still be there, perhaps even the same one.

rossmacd Jul 12, 17 11:25 am


Originally Posted by Dave_C (Post 28551907)
Oh for the days of the BMI PTS team that could do *anything*.

Literally anything ;)

richardwft Jul 12, 17 11:36 am

Complimentary M&S Percy pigs and mineral water when travelling Economy short haul.

1 Jul 12, 17 11:46 am


Originally Posted by richardwft (Post 28551947)
Complimentary M&S Percy pigs and mineral water when travelling Economy short haul.

Is this always the case or is it dependent on the crew?

richardwft Jul 12, 17 12:03 pm


Originally Posted by 1 (Post 28551988)
Is this always the case or is it dependent on the crew?

Needs a Sparks card as well.

Tobias-UK Jul 12, 17 12:25 pm


Originally Posted by 1 (Post 28551988)
Is this always the case or is it dependent on the crew?

There are no BoB concessions for GGL, they must pay like everyone else ... but watch this space.

Filthy Monkey Jul 12, 17 12:31 pm

Indeed! Alex is apparently looking at it personally...

rapidex Jul 12, 17 12:31 pm


Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28552143)
There are no BoB concessions for GGL, they must pay like everyone else ... but watch this space.

Ah,the insiders info^

Purim Jul 12, 17 1:02 pm

I am only Gold and not GGL, however, I have ordered and used avios for payment of a single cup of tea on my last 5 s/h segments going back to May, and I have yet to be charged.

I'd like to put this down to me sending Cruz a golden ticket at the outset of BoB for his balls in charging 2.30 or 300 avios for a tea back and hot water. But I wonder if something else is up....

newbyuk Nov 4, 17 9:00 am


Originally Posted by Tobias-UK (Post 28552143)
There are no BoB concessions for GGL, they must pay like everyone else ... but watch this space.

Does anyone know if there has been any progress on this?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:28 am.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.