Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fast track security for BA (or lack thereof) at Malaga (AGP)

Fast track security for BA (or lack thereof) at Malaga (AGP)

Old Sep 3, 17, 1:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
And then, don't start me on the time that it takes the unsmiling lounge dragon to process people entering the lounge ..... Although maybe lounge visits are going to become a thing of the past, given the vagaries of the C pier passport queue and how much time one has to allow for it
exactly!!
Old Sep 7, 17, 2:17 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; TG ROP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
Have to say getting through AGP this morning was OK for a change. The Club check in line moved quickly and the new Fast Track was good and most welcome as the normal queues were very long. Incidentally the man who checked us in did not know that there is now Fast Track for BA, despite it saying so on the BP.
Old Sep 7, 17, 2:24 am

So is it official now BA can use Fast track?
What sort of BP did you have paper or mobile? Thanks
Old Sep 7, 17, 4:46 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; TG ROP Silver; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
I used a paper BP issued when I checked in my bag. It did say "Fast Track" on it but don't think it matters as the person checking entry to Fast Track asked which airline before asking to see the BP.

Beware that it can still take about twenty minutes to clear passport control so I would not wait for the flight to be called in the lounge.
Old Sep 7, 17, 4:55 am

That's what happened to us in May the paper BP said Fast Track but she wouldn't let us through when we said we were BA, she pointed to a list of airlines on a stand and BA weren't listed! So has it officially changed or does it depend on the person staffing the line?
Old Sep 7, 17, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by paulaf View Post
That's what happened to us in May the paper BP said Fast Track but she wouldn't let us through when we said we were BA, she pointed to a list of airlines on a stand and BA weren't listed! So has it officially changed or does it depend on the person staffing the line?
I think that it might be a case of poor training/bad communication to the people involved as the person who checked me in said that there was no fast track, but his colleagues corrected him.
Old Sep 7, 17, 2:38 pm

OK thanks I'll confirm it at check in then too
Old Sep 8, 17, 1:30 pm

Programs: BAEC
I have just tried Fast Track at AGP 10 mins ago. I would not call it Fast as such but this was because the main security line was short and quiet at 9pm BST.

The line was open, however the same staff was told to man both the FT and the main queue. It didn't quite work and was a bit pointless as you simply feed into the main security conveyor belts anyway. She/he would have to walk over remove the 'rope' and allow you through, once you had there attention! That's the tricky part especially as a brit doesn't like to attract attention in public! There is no dedicated security conveyor belt for FT.

You will see from the attached photo that BA is now included in the list of carriers permitted to use FT or Carril Rapido for any Spanish linguists.
The line is to the far right of the security area in big yellow branding. Don't be confused by the separate security to the very far right as this is for staff only.

I'm off to tackle Passport Control...
Attached Images   
Old Sep 8, 17, 1:34 pm

Brilliant thanks for the confirmation and photo, as I said last time we were there BA wasn't on that board.
Old Sep 8, 17, 1:37 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I'm trying to work out the sequencing on that list of airlines. Most likely to ask? Most DYKWIA-ish?
Old Sep 8, 17, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold & honoured with a Mucci des Zones de Tranquilité . Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk View Post
I have just tried Fast Track at AGP 10 mins ago. I would not call it Fast as such but this was because the main security line was short and quiet at 9pm BST.
Stood next to you when you asked her if the Fast Track was closed and looked for you in the lounge to intoduce myself but by the time I had poured my Rum and Coke I missed you..

Safe Travels...
Old Sep 8, 17, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
I'm trying to work out the sequencing on that list of airlines. Most likely to ask? Most DYKWIA-ish?
I vaguely recall from 'Swiss' this was the original list. There doesn't to be a sequence as such. Interesting that Ryanair have access. Do they pay Aena a fee for this? Or there's no charge as there isn't much cost involved other than a bit of yellow branding and a few retractable ropes! Not quite the F wing.

And you are right Paulaf BA were not on there, it's the first time I've seen it.
Old Sep 8, 17, 1:49 pm

As for Passport control...
Attached Images  
Old Sep 8, 17, 2:15 pm

Maybe we should change the thread title or delete (lack thereof)...now BA have access to Fast Track.
Old Sep 8, 17, 2:22 pm

Out of interest how did it get changed, was it thanks to this forum?

Search this Thread