Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fast track security for BA (or lack thereof) at Malaga (AGP)

Fast track security for BA (or lack thereof) at Malaga (AGP)

Old Aug 12, 17, 11:22 am

Programs: BAEC
To add to this, on arrival into AGP, there are new-ish electronic border gates, if they are open on your arrival. There should be 2 queues for the border gates, one for the historic man with hat in hut checking passports and the other for the new electronic passport gates.

Again its not well organised and may take some initiative to sort this out on your own self, if you are brave! Being in CE you have the advantage of getting off first. However if there is another flight arrival just before yours then you may find yourself at the back of an already long queue. It's a rather long corridor leading to passport control and it was roped in half for manual check or electronic check.

If you are travelling with a partner it maybe worth sending someone up to the check point to see what the situation is with manual or electronic systems being used and then decide from there. Hopefully you're lucky and there is no queue. Again other more regulars may know better.
Old Aug 13, 17, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Yes please!

Thanks very much! This is very useful. Any updates at the time would also be highly appreciated ^
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 15, 17, 4:35 pm

So is it now confirmed that AGP has fast track for CE and status pax?
Old Aug 16, 17, 2:35 am

I would also be interested to know this for our next flight in November, as we were refused entry to fast track in May despite being CE.
Old Aug 16, 17, 4:48 am

Unknown, I will find out in a few weeks time, unless someone finds out before me?

It may have been the case that the person further up this thread got lucky with fast track and slipped through! (not to doubt the poster) but AGP or Southern spain in general can be quite unpredictable and adhoc in there processes and procedures!
Old Aug 16, 17, 7:31 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Neilgcal View Post
So is it now confirmed that AGP has fast track for CE and status pax?
Yes, however it did not work with paper boarding pass but did so with the BA app. Its Spain so VMMV of course, just because it used to work ( or supposed to work ) does not mean it will.. On the one time it did not work the guy just let me through anyway.

Does clearly say fast track on the app (both IOS & Android) although NOT on the paper pass and I was travelling as a status pax on all three occasions in the last 4/5 weeks.

Passport control coming into Malaga can be hit and miss but only once have I had any real delay issues. Passport control leaving is the usual 2 mins from Gate C.
Old Aug 31, 17, 9:27 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1
Any updates on the Fast Track lanes at AGP? I am off there tomorrow and returning in a week . Any info to ease the pain at AGP is most welcome.

TIA
Old Aug 31, 17, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by johnaalex View Post
Any updates on the Fast Track lanes at AGP? I am off there tomorrow and returning in a week . Any info to ease the pain at AGP is most welcome.

TIA
We went through AGP last weekend. There was a Fast Track lane but virtually no one was being allowed to use it. When we asked we were informed that the "Priority" label on our IB boarding pass referred only to boarding and not to security clearing. It didn't seem right, but the normal queue was moving and it only took about 10 - 15 mins to get through (4pm on a busy Saturday in August).
Old Aug 31, 17, 11:57 am

TIA
I have seen the Fast Track at AGP, it's just to the right as you approach the Disney style queue for normal security, there is a yellow sign stand with various airlines, I recall Detla being one.

However I suspect this is all very ad hoc in who gets through or who doesn't. So it seems based on the above replies this isn't set in stone yet. I would have thought a IB ticket would get through vs BA but I imagine the rules aren't defined. I am travelling through the weekend after this one so I will report back.

Unless there is another added experience announced on here!
Old Aug 31, 17, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I was allowed to use FT security on 18th aug. OWE and CE So not sure which, or if both, waved the magic wand. However, I had nearly lost the will to live checking in my bag and the q at border control at C gates was awful - so Good luck with that.
Old Sep 1, 17, 5:08 am

Originally Posted by CaroFos View Post
I was allowed to use FT security on 18th aug. OWE and CE So not sure which, or if both, waved the magic wand. However, I had nearly lost the will to live checking in my bag and the q at border control at C gates was awful - so Good luck with that.
Did you use a printed BP or one on your phone?
Old Sep 1, 17, 5:33 am

Mrs Doccykins and I both went through Fast Track security at AGP on August 20th without a problem; she's Blue flying BA J AGP-LGW with a paper BP and I was Gold flying AY J AGP-HEL with mobile BP - both beeped green on the scanner and we joined the nearest belt
Old Sep 1, 17, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Doccykins View Post
Mrs Doccykins and I both went through Fast Track security at AGP on August 20th without a problem; she's Blue flying BA J AGP-LGW with a paper BP and I was Gold flying AY J AGP-HEL with mobile BP - both beeped green on the scanner and we joined the nearest belt
Sounds good, thank you.
Old Sep 1, 17, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by CaroFos View Post
You have encapsulated so pithily my own experiences in that queue. I have now become a regular at AGP and shudder at the prospect. Although coming from W of AGP, I actually think that it is sometimes easier / quicker / less stressful to drive past AGP to GRX.

Last time I stood in the stationary CE queue (25 mins to process the 6 pax in front of us), watching enviously as the neighbouring cattle class Aer Lingus (?) queue zipped along at lightning speed.

And then, don't start me on the time that it takes the unsmiling lounge dragon to process people entering the lounge ..... Although maybe lounge visits are going to become a thing of the past, given the vagaries of the C pier passport queue and how much time one has to allow for it
Old Sep 3, 17, 1:36 pm

Did you use a printed BP or one on your phone?
probably a printed one.. if I check a bag I always ask for a printed boarding pass just in case my phone lets me down!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: