Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads

Help to check BA seat availability and BA flight loads

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 29, 18, 3:13 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Tobias-UK
Wiki Link
This is community help desk which allows members to assist each other in finding out how many seats are available on any given flight.

If you wish to request availability for a specific flight, please state the date and origin/departure airport codes, not just the flight number.

Please also restrict requests to BA/oneworld flights - flights for other airlines may be removed to avoid cluttering the thread and taking it away from BAEC.


As of 15 Oct 2014 flightstats.com no longer displays flight availability.

Fare class availability can be queried in various ways*:
* Please update wiki if you know of any others.
** Origin of data concealed and probably unauthorised (so buyer beware)


What do the codes mean?
Suppose we have a result as F1 A0 J9 C7 D0 RC IC W9 E9 T4 Y9 BC HC ...

This means:
There is 1 seat in the F bucket for sale
There are 0 seats in the A and D bucket for sale, but you can join the waitlist in case seats get released later.
There are at least 9 seats in the J, W, E and Y buckets.
The R, I, B and H buckets are closed to waitlisting.

There are two important things to note about how to interpret these numbers that many people don't understand as it is very counter intuitive:
1) There is NO direct relation to the actual number of seats available on the specific flight. They only mean that the airline is willing to sell this many seats on that specific flight. The airline may intend to oversell seats or withhold seats from sale for many reasons.

2) In the example above, the results show W9 E9 T4 (which are all WT+ buckets). This does not mean that there are 9+9+4=22 seats for sale. Interpret these numbers as "there are at least 9 seats for sale in WT+". There could really be anywhere between 9 and 22 seats for sale - we just can't tell from the numbers the system gives us. Therefore, the conservative approach of assuming that there are at least 9 seats for sale is usually the best one.


What does the "C" mean?
Closed to waitlisting.
In the example above we have RC, IC, BC and HC. This is different to A0 and D0: The A and D buckets are "full" but you can apply to join their waitlists (if your fare permits waitlisting). With R, I, B and H you cannot even request a seat.

The carrier will determine how to confirm your seat if it wishes. Sometimes this may happen immediately, other times only a few minutes before the flight's departure. The order of the waitlist is determined by the carrier privately, but your Executive Club status will push you towards the front of the queue. Many cheap fares do not allow waitlisting.


Differences for non-BA airlines
  • Some carriers (those using Sabre such as AA) only show a maximum of 7 available seats (not 9). Others only show a maximum of 5.
  • Some carriers use "L" instead of "0" (e.g., CL DL YL) to indicate you may waitlist for the seat. This tends to happen when the entire flight is on a list basis.
Print Wikipost

Closed Thread

Old Jun 25, 18, 11:57 am
  #1996  
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Washington DC
Programs: Marriott Gold Elite, American Gold
Posts: 2
Could someone let me know the availability on BA 182 JFK-LHR 2 July?
I am looking at the possibility of upgrading from WT to WT+.
hurleyautumn is offline  
Old Jun 25, 18, 12:01 pm
  #1997  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Sheffield, UK
Programs: BA - Silver,Hilton-Diamond, IHG - PlatAmb, GHA - Plat
Posts: 757
Originally Posted by hurleyautumn View Post
Could someone let me know the availability on BA 182 JFK-LHR 2 July?
I am looking at the possibility of upgrading from WT to WT+.
BA 182

F5 A4 J9 C1 D1 R0 I0 W9 E5 T0 Y9 B7
H4 K1 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Thanks,
Andy

Last edited by atmorris; Jun 25, 18 at 12:01 pm Reason: Cocked it up
atmorris is offline  
Old Jun 25, 18, 2:13 pm
  #1998  
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 3
Hello,

Could someone please let me know the availability for BA283 LHR-LAX on 27/06? Many thanks in advance.
SDoFive is offline  
Old Jun 25, 18, 7:38 pm
  #1999  
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Posts: 110
If anyone gets chance todays BA208 would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ThrowingBoeing is offline  
Old Jun 25, 18, 9:05 pm
  #2000  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Programs: BA Blue
Posts: 346
Availability to Vancouver 2019

Due to a medical problem it looks like we will have to change our flights to Vancouver. As it may take a while to sort out I was thinking that pushing it into 2019 would be sensible.
I'm not sure if it's possible but would it be possible to check BA85 on the 7th of May and the 4th of June 2019, looking for A class availability.

Thank you

DeadManFlying
DeadManFlying is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 12:15 am
  #2001  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA, U2+, SK, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Posts: 2,037
Originally Posted by SDoFive View Post
Hello,

Could someone please let me know the availability for BA283 LHR-LAX on 27/06? Many thanks in advance.
UK POS
F0 A0 J7 C0 D0 R0 I0 W5 E0 T0 Y9 B4 H2 K2 M0 L0 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G3


Originally Posted by DeadManFlying View Post
Due to a medical problem it looks like we will have to change our flights to Vancouver. As it may take a while to sort out I was thinking that pushing it into 2019 would be sensible.
I'm not sure if it's possible but would it be possible to check BA85 on the 7th of May and the 4th of June 2019, looking for A class availability.

Thank you

DeadManFlying
UK POS

07 May 2019
F9 A6 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L9 V9 S9 N9 Q9 O9 G0

04 Jun 2019
F9 A5 J9 C9 D9 R9 I9 W9 E9 T9 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 L4 V0 S0 N0 Q0 O0 G0
Oaxaca is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 7:36 am
  #2002  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 25
Hi,

Could someone please check availability on BA 2782 on 1st and 3rd of Aug and BA 2783 on 5th Aug

Thanks in advance.
Watsono is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 7:52 am
  #2003  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Posts: 2,504
Originally Posted by Watsono View Post
Hi,

Could someone please check availability on BA 2782 on 1st and 3rd of Aug and BA 2783 on 5th Aug

Thanks in advance.
Could you let us know where to / from? All our searches are by the destinations rather than flight numbers and don't know those flight numbers.
Sam Bee is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 7:59 am
  #2004  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Could you let us know where to / from? All our searches are by the destinations rather than flight numbers and don't know those flight numbers.
Aha thanks for the heads up. BA2782 is LGW to OPO (Porto) and BA2783 is OPO to LGW
Watsono is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 8:00 am
  #2005  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Herts, UK
Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.
Posts: 2,827
Hi

Could someone please check
LHR to DEL
BA257
27/6/18

Thanks, Hoping to get an upgrade to F!
stewaran is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 8:07 am
  #2006  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SAN, MIA, GOT
Posts: 283
Originally Posted by stewaran View Post
Hi

Could someone please check
LHR to DEL
BA257
27/6/18

Thanks, Hoping to get an upgrade to F!
Y4 all other buckets 0. Wish you luck!
DreamTrip is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 8:09 am
  #2007  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Posts: 2,504
Originally Posted by Watsono View Post
Aha thanks for the heads up. BA2782 is LGW to OPO (Porto) and BA2783 is OPO to LGW
Cool cheers! Here you go:

WED 01AUG18 LONDON AREA /PORTO
1 LGW OPO 1455 1720 BA2782
J5 C3 D2 RC IC Y6 B5 HC KC M0 LC VC NC OC QC SC G0

FRI 03AUG18 LONDON AREA /PORTO
1 LGW OPO 1425 1645 BA2782
J9 C3 D1 RC IC Y9 B9 H1 KC M0 LC VC NC OC QC SC G0

SUN 05AUG18 PORTO /LONDON AREA
1 OPO LGW 1910 2120 BA2783
J9 C7 D3 RC IC Y9 B9 H9 KC M0 LC VC NC OC QC SC G0
Sam Bee is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 8:10 am
  #2008  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: London
Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Posts: 2,504
Originally Posted by DreamTrip View Post


Y4 all other buckets 0. Wish you luck!
I get different (slightly) result for UK POS

WED 27JUN18 LONDON AREA /DELHI
2 LHR DEL 27/1930#0820 BA 257
F0 A0 J0 C0 DC RC IC W0 EC TC Y4 B3 H0 K0 M0 LC VC SC NC QC OC G0
Sam Bee is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 8:19 am
  #2009  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: SAN, MIA, GOT
Posts: 283
Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
I get different (slightly) result for UK POS

WED 27JUN18 LONDON AREA /DELHI
2 LHR DEL 27/1930#0820 BA 257
F0 A0 J0 C0 DC RC IC W0 EC TC Y4 B3 H0 K0 M0 LC VC SC NC QC OC G0

Strange! B bucket is definitely 0 on expertflyer.
DreamTrip is offline  
Old Jun 26, 18, 8:27 am
  #2010  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 25
Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Cool cheers! Here you go:

WED 01AUG18 LONDON AREA /PORTO
1 LGW OPO 1455 1720 BA2782
J5 C3 D2 RC IC Y6 B5 HC KC M0 LC VC NC OC QC SC G0

FRI 03AUG18 LONDON AREA /PORTO
1 LGW OPO 1425 1645 BA2782
J9 C3 D1 RC IC Y9 B9 H1 KC M0 LC VC NC OC QC SC G0

SUN 05AUG18 PORTO /LONDON AREA
1 OPO LGW 1910 2120 BA2783
J9 C7 D3 RC IC Y9 B9 H9 KC M0 LC VC NC OC QC SC G0
Thanks!
Watsono is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread