Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the shortcut to the LGW flounge open?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Is the shortcut to the LGW flounge open?

The title says it all really.

The last time I was at LGW I took the handy shortcut to the Flounge but Mrs drpabs, who was at LGW recently, said the shortcut was closed and she had to go the long way through the shops.

I ask as I am off to HER tomorrow and quite fancy a spot of brekky in the Flounge beforehand.

dpabs
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:17 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It can't be closed! There are parts to LGW you can't get to if it is closed, it feeds into a wider area which could only be closed by deploying a lot of staff, plus it's the only route for wheelchairs. It is easily missed however.... Sharp left after the final security lane when leaving the search area.

Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
It was certainly open a couple of weeks ago mid-afternoon when the good lady and I wandered over to Jersey
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:37 pm

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
And it was open on Sunday just gone.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA Silver
It was open on Tuesday however they used to have a free standing board with the Lounge info and eligibility. That seems to have moved/disappeared so the only signage is the one above the door as shown in the picture above. I almost missed it on Tuesday too!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Glad to hear it! Having just shown Mrs drpabs c-w-s's photo she said that when she was there (back in May) it was just like in the photo except with a big tensa barrier across it. It sounds like that was just a temporary measure.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Probably LGW's notoriously leaky roof then. Since the main route involves stairs and escalators there is no way through for those with mobility issues, except via the passageway shown in the photo.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 2:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
When we passed through a couple of weeks ago, one of the two lifts on the 'normal' route was being serviced/repaired. Perhaps just part of on-going maintenance?
Old Jul 8, 2017, 5:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Amex Platinum
It was open yesterday morning too. Still feels like a shortcut to a zoo before you get to the lounge though - but at least there's no dodging of perfume representatives making me feel sick!
Old Jul 8, 2017, 6:50 am

Success right now!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.