Search

gold member avios booking

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
gold member avios booking

All,

am I right in thinking that to open an avios seat redemption (which currently isn't there) using double avios it must be for a flight greater than 24 hours in the future?

That's what I've just been told, but since a lot of people have told me a lot of things recently I wanted to double check...

Thanks, Leachster
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by leachster
All,

am I right in thinking that to open an avios seat redemption (which currently isn't there) using double avios it must be for a flight greater than 24 hours in the future?

That's what I've just been told, but since a lot of people have told me a lot of things recently I wanted to double check...

Thanks, Leachster
30 days ahead im afraid not 24 hours.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, Hilton Gold
30 days is right for double avios. i think you might be getting mixed up with the fact that they guarantee availability on a sold out flight (even though i've tried this and been rejected because it was too full!)
Old Jul 6, 2017, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Ah, yes. the guaranteed seat makes sense now.
But that was the very question I just asked the exec club and was told 24 hours.
Maybe that was lost in translation.

Good to know the deadlines about both those kind of seats thoug. Thanks both (still no idea how to tag people on here).
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Thanks both (still no idea how to tag people on here).
@leachster put in an @ symbol just before their name.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Ah, yes. the guaranteed seat makes sense now.
But that was the very question I just asked the exec club and was told 24 hours.
Maybe that was lost in translation.
it does sound like a misunderstanding as between the deadline for a paid booking and an Avios one.

I don't think I ever used either guarantee during my time as Gold, but the access to V inventory for redemptions rather than X was frequently useful.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:54 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
It can be useful especially on holiday routes, think Greece, where Y fares can be really high even a year in advance and reward availability is very limited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.