Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Old Jan 2, 2019, 6:51 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Worked today for me, on scanning bp got a green tick and no need to override.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:32 am

Programs: BA GGLFL, LH Sen, Alitalia Platinum, Hilton Plat, SPG / Marriott / Carlsson Gold
Worked for me in M and then J on 28th Dec, and again in J on 1st Jan, without needing CCR in the lounge ...
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Explorer/Flying Blue Petroleum Club
ok random question here but I only started flying BA full time in MAY last year and secured Silver BAEC so still working a lot of things out.

Is there such a thing as BA Platinum?? I know about Blue, Bronze, Silver and Gold oh and GGL but my friend tells me her dad who fly's premium cabins regularly long hall has CCR etc etc mentioned a platinum Level?? first I've ever heard of it if it actually exists??
Old Jan 2, 2019, 10:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Originally Posted by Colnic2011
ok random question here but I only started flying BA full time in MAY last year and secured Silver BAEC so still working a lot of things out.

Is there such a thing as BA Platinum?? I know about Blue, Bronze, Silver and Gold oh and GGL but my friend tells me her dad who fly's premium cabins regularly long hall has CCR etc etc mentioned a platinum Level?? first I've ever heard of it if it actually exists??
welcome to FT and congrats on a silver.

There is premier which is a board level decision rather that gives a lot of benefits to those whom the BA board feel is an individual of benefit to BA, but is not a level of BAEC.

You can find further details in tbe forum dashboard along with a lot a lot of other useful information for beginners...Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2019 edition
Colnic2011 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2019, 11:18 am

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by KARFA
Worked today for me, on scanning bp got a green tick and no need to override.
We tried on Jan 1, go thru LHR CCR twice with 2 separate tickets (LHR-AMS ; LHR-NYC) , both times asked for card, and override is needed.... Maybe due to we booked the ticket in July?
Old Jan 2, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Same issue for me today with a ticket booked last night.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:03 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
I had no issues yesterday - lounge dragon originally asked for card when she saw I wasn’t travelling in First however when she scanned the boarding card green tick came up.... however she did admit there may be issues with the IT and there may be issues which they are still fixing!
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by bermudasun
I had no issues yesterday - lounge dragon originally asked for card when she saw I wasn’t travelling in First however when she scanned the boarding card green tick came up.... however she did admit there may be issues with the IT and there may be issues which they are still fixing!
Yes, I’ve had mixed results when flying short haul. Sometimes they ask for the card, sometimes they don’t and other times the door agent knows me. So the best advice is to carry the card.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 7:45 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

Yes, I’ve had mixed results when flying short haul. Sometimes they ask for the card, sometimes they don’t and other times the door agent knows me. So the best advice is to carry the card.
She actually hinted that there may be ticks for people not entitled to enter....
Old Jan 19, 2019, 8:40 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by bermudasun

She actually hinted that there may be ticks for people not entitled to enter....
one bit of BA seems to be expecting them to be required for quite a while. The last 2018 issued one I have runs through to late 2020.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Although already having a " replacement" CCR card, valid through May 2020, but so far never used, I was yesterday informed, before my SH LHR-CDG flight, that I would never have to show that card again. Despite being a nice card, and the only one in my possesion to be white, I could live without it. One space vacant in the wallet😀
Old Jan 19, 2019, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
My last few visits have all been "card exempt" (I asked proactively if they wanted it or not). Not sure if it is about not needing at all, about recognition helping in case of doubt, etc.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
JFK CCR asked for the card on Thursday - said still not integrated into their systems yet.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Yesterday, despite previous experiences/promises, I was asked to show the card entering the CCR, before my LH LHR-LAX flight.

"There are so many Golds and Emeralds trying to gain access to this lounge, and we can't keep track of you all"

🤐
Old Jan 21, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
our recent experiences , say within the last 3 months, on various AA tickets, BA tickets LH and SH and also Avios bookings, it all seems very random when and if they ask for the card.

Last week, the agent said 'yes' you no longer need the card itself. passing thru the next day another agent, said 'oh no' you really should have the card as it makes things easier. One time though the agent didnt ask for the card or BP!!

I wish they would hurry up and fix whatever they need to fix as I am forever losing things at airports.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.