Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by HFHFFlyer
I think this enhancement may be under way. I presented my CCR room card this morning ahead of my flight to TXL and was told by a delightful lounge dragon that it is no longer required. And indeed I watched the green tick appear.
I was told that this has been implemented approx 18 December. "This" being that FLY would recognise CCR cardholders - and thus grant CCR access - as opposed to GGL members. I saw some evidence of it working just before Christmas but I think we can say this has now finally happened.

It may still be useful to have the card if using the door by South Security however.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:36 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL
Would be interesting to see if CCR officially becomes a level above Gold in 2019 - 2020. This could potentially mean a move for OW to a new level above Emerald or all the different programs each carrier has (CK, CCR.....) ?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Card was required yesterday, and that was on a straightforward, simple sector, BA-made booking.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Im flying through ccr twice in early January and will see if I get through without showing the precious card!
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:26 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Airprox
Card was required yesterday, and that was on a straightforward, simple sector, BA-made booking.
Did the green tick come up on the screen?
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:39 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I was told that this has been implemented approx 18 December. "This" being that FLY would recognise CCR cardholders - and thus grant CCR access - as opposed to GGL members. I saw some evidence of it working just before Christmas but I think we can say this has now finally happened.

It may still be useful to have the card if using the door by South Security however.
Any idea if this FLY recognition would extend to the CSD/CSM iPad onboard?

Pilot37
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
Any idea if this FLY recognition would extend to the CSD/CSM iPad onboard?
I don't know, but I don't see the point, since the passenger's CIV is on the iPad and in terms of the service expectation that is all that is needed. The CIV is in FLY too, it's just buried off the main lounges screens, whereas now there is a link (supposedly).
Pilot37 likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:42 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
I do hope they haven't let the interns loose on the card design.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Did the green tick come up on the screen?
I didn't notice, sorry.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:04 am

Card was required on the 20th December, and there was no green tick. Good news if it has changed, since I can ditch another piece of plastic! ^
orbitmic likes this.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 11:09 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Worked for me on the 20th - told I no longer needed card and got a green tick when I handed over my boarding pass!

aks120
Old Dec 27, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, BA GGL
I flew through LHR on the 21st of December and presented my boarding card at the entrance of the CCR and the green tick came up on the screen without my card being presented.... quite handy as I couldn’t find my card!!
Old Dec 28, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, MH Platinum, SPG Plat75
I presented my economy ticket to the Desk at the Concorde lounge and the lady asked for my Concorde - I mentioned that I hear the software had been upgraded and if she scanned my ticket - I should get a big green ticket ... Beep was scanned .... and there was the tick. The Lady didn't know that the upgrade had taken place .... so thanks Flyertalk for the info !
Old Dec 28, 2018, 3:47 am

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
No tick today or yesterday. Both yellow with a question on if I had a card, with the usual drop down box to find the ccr card option and override.

i am on an AA issued ticket if that makes any difference.
Old Jan 1, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Had the tick today for a EU flight, was being asked for the card as the scan was done, they seemed surprised that they didn't need to do anything more. Typical that BA introduce something but don't give the frontline staff the details.
orbitmic likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.