Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

CCR card to be "enhanced away" in 2019 [card only withdrawn, not access]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks for clarifying! So change in qualification just the card concept?
Hi Orbitmic,

I know Tobias has already replied to you but yes just to clarify it is just the card not qualification.

so basically if you are at the dizzy heights of CCR access then that will carry on as normal and there are some very nice changes coming to the Concorde Room in Terminal 5 over the coming months ^
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott GFL
Originally Posted by Padmeister

(snip)..so basically if you are at the dizzy heights of CCR access then that will carry on as normal and there are some very nice changes coming to the Concorde Room in Terminal 5 over the coming months ^
@Padmeister - I love it when you tease us like this. I look forward to seeing what the "nice changes" might be!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:58 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Padmeister
Hi Orbitmic,

I know Tobias has already replied to you but yes just to clarify it is just the card not qualification.

so basically if you are at the dizzy heights of CCR access then that will carry on as normal and there are some very nice changes coming to the Concorde Room in Terminal 5 over the coming months ^
Is the hot tub finally coming? I need to make a note to pack the speedos come October.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Is the hot tub finally coming? I need to make a note to pack the speedos come October.
get them out ready KARFA
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I suspect the changes to the terrace might be considered a little controversial by some ... I can hear the whining already!
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Gold, Radisson Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
And you've seen the state of the CCR Cabanas? "Where hospital bathrooms meet sperm banks"?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I suspect the changes to the terrace might be considered a little controversial by some ... I can hear the whining already!
More Samsung?!?!?
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:34 am

Talking

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
A smoking area or, maybe, a hot tub? ;D
Old Jul 7, 2017, 12:23 pm

Talking

Duplicate, deleted.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Ignoring the Gods in the CCR, I'm surprised nobody has expressed concern about the impending card redesign. Oh, the wailing and gnashing of teeth that ensued the last time ... and now that BA seem to have it right, they're going to let a junior start scribbling again? After just Six Years? Is there an essential cycle of re-inventing the wheel that I've missed?

Honestly, doesn't BA have anything more useful to do than redesign and produce new Membership cards?

And, inevitably, "Harrumph"

PS: Just to beat Jerry_Alaska to the punch ...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-unveiled.html
Old Sep 26, 2018, 11:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Combined GGL/CCR card

Any news on when these will be appearing? They've been rumoured for ages now but I've yet to see or hear of one.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:33 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I know three people who received their first CCR card at the end of August. These were still the separate GGL card and CCR card.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:41 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

There was a thread on this a while ago but I can't find a more recent one.

Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:44 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH D, QFF, EB
Based on I've just received my CCR card renewal for next year. I'd say that they are not moving over yet. My GGL card renewal has not arrived yet but still have a couple of months until my current cards expire.
Old Dec 27, 2018, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I think this enhancement may be under way. I presented my CCR room card this morning ahead of my flight to TXL and was told by a delightful lounge dragon that it is no longer required. And indeed I watched the green tick appear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.