Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody on the Inaugural LGW-FLL?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:50 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by Blueboys999
but this new service makes little sense to me but looks very handy for those with easier access to LGW.
Little sense for you personally or in general?
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by krispy84
Little sense for you personally or in general?
For me personally and I suspect also for many in parts of the country who don't have a convenient connection option to LGW. If there was I would certainly see it a good option.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:56 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
For me personally and I suspect also for many in parts of the country who don't have a convenient connection option to LGW. If there was I would certainly see it a good option.
In your situation yes, it makes little sense, but surely the flight is aimed primarily at O&D leisure passengers in London and the SE.

I know there's life north of Watford but every flight doesn't need to provide for it
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: BA bronze
We will be definitely be looking to using it as Mrs 218's father lives about a hour away from FLL.

Otherwise its a 2 hour drive to either MIA or MCO.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC
with no domestic service to LGW from many parts of the country now
Seriously?! Only MAN to my knowledge has actually lost connection to LGW, but it's hardly 'many parts' of the country.

Incidentally, it lost that connection precisely to allow service on new routes such as this. I know which is better connectivity-wise.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 3:48 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
Seriously?! Only MAN to my knowledge has actually lost connection to LGW, but it's hardly 'many parts' of the country.
NCL and ABZ also used to have LGW flights.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Well they boarded very early, boarding is almost complete and we have 26 minutes to departure.
Well done for making another inaugral!

I preume these are lesiure flights for you or do you incorporate them into being a wage slave :-)
Old Jul 12, 2017, 4:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by allturnleft
I preume these are lesiure flights for you or do you incorporate them into being a wage slave :-)
On this occasion, and not unusually, I was able to combine both business and leisure, I spent the weekend in Vancouver.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 10:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by LordBuckethead
Yes, seriously. There are indeed large areas of the country from where it is impossible to make a same day connection for a flight from LGW (and nowhere from where it can be done for a 0925 departure) irrespective of whether BA serviced those places in the past. My only point is that this service would be more attractive but for that fact and while its is disappointing I fully acknowledge BA's entitlement to do what suits them.

BA have frequently flown me to Florida from MAN to with a same day connection through LHR but only to MIA and there are many other options using US carriers flying direct TATL's from across the UK. I would much prefer arrival at any of the other FL airports and FLL would be particularly attractive due to the advantageous immigration situation and the ease of onward driving routes but if that means an overnight in LGW prior to the TATL flight then that small advantage is more than wiped out.

Last edited by Blueboys999; Jul 12, 2017 at 11:32 pm
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:43 am

Location: Manchester but from Yorkshire better known as Gods country
Programs: BA Gold, , Sandals plat
I totally agree with you. It's a four to five hour drive to LGW or a bus transfer from LHR. Rail options no better. It makes LGW a very difficult choice for a large part of the midlands, north west and north
Old Jul 13, 2017, 4:49 am
Suspended

BTW the rail improvement works are well underway on the Thameslink programme http://www.thameslinkprogramme.co.uk...-the-programme so there should be better trains to LGW from North of London through London Bridge station
Old Jul 13, 2017, 5:30 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
NCL and ABZ also used to have LGW flights.

Not to mention NQY and PLH, NQY does still maintain a 3 daily codeshare on BE with very impressive numbers using the route and PLH is closed.

cs
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:34 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

From MAN I can do a same day MAN-LHR-MIA in MCE on AA arriving less than an hour after the FLL arrival time and for over £100 less each. I dislike MIA immigration as much as anybody but this new service makes little sense to me but looks very handy for those with easier access to LGW.
Or do a direct MAN-MIA on Thomas Cook. Their premium seat fares are pretty reasonable, and similar to WT+.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: BA GOLD, HILTON DIAMOND, BONVOY L/T GOLD,
Yes, seriously. There are indeed large areas of the country from where it is impossible to make a same day connection for a flight from LGW (and nowhere from where it can be done for a 0925 departure) irrespective of whether BA serviced those places in the past.
JER makes the 0925 very nicely....
Old Jul 13, 2017, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by brit hk
JER makes the 0925 very nicely....
I stand corrected. Good to know if perhaps a little inconvenient for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.