Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Lounge closed at my departure time [Malaga]

Old Jul 5, 2017, 11:57 am
Original Poster

Hello All,

I wonder if I could solicit some friendly advice from the experts...

My CE departure from AGP is at the ungodly hour of 02:35. I plan to arrive at the airport at approximately 00:00 and was expecting to at least be able to relax in a comfortable chair prior to boarding (whereupon, lets face it, I won't be relaxing in a comfortable chair in new CE!)

Having just checked the One World website it seems the third party lounge used by BA closes at 23:00 7 days a week.

I wonder if anyone reading has experienced the same predicament and if so whether BA make any apologies / service recovery gestures to compensate.

With no lounge and no extra seat width or legroom I'm struggling to reconcile the benefit of booking CE!

Any advice or experiences gratefully received.

Many thanks.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I had the opposite problem at AGP - the lounge opened 10 minutes before my flight
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose
I travel from Malaga on BA 4-6 times a year, unfortunately it’s a problem that the only lounge in the Airport which is operated by AENA the Spanish Airport Authority. Is closed for the departure of the last or first BA service of the day.

If you are travelling in the next few weeks, in the past during the summer peak the lounge opening time has been extended by two hours. However I have seen no notice on the AENA site or One world for this year’s arrangement so far.

In terms of “service recovery” unfortunately it’s zilch. BA will tell you the opening hours are clearly advertised.

There are no BA staff in Malaga, everything is handled by Iberia. Unfortunately as with most things BA these days, the service levels at Malaga have dropped considerably over the past 18 months. Most departures have no dedicated CE check in. BA will not pay for security fast track at Malaga either.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA LTGold; LH Senator; HHGold; Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Tom London
Hello All,

I wonder if I could solicit some friendly advice from the experts...

My CE departure from AGP is at the ungodly hour of 02:35. I plan to arrive at the airport at approximately 00:00 and was expecting to at least be able to relax in a comfortable chair prior to boarding (whereupon, lets face it, I won't be relaxing in a comfortable chair in new CE!)

Having just checked the One World website it seems the third party lounge used by BA closes at 23:00 7 days a week.

I wonder if anyone reading has experienced the same predicament and if so whether BA make any apologies / service recovery gestures to compensate.

With no lounge and no extra seat width or legroom I'm struggling to reconcile the benefit of booking CE!

Any advice or experiences gratefully received.

Many thanks.
If comfort is your priority I'm not sure why you booked this service at all. The lack of lounge is the least of your worries (especially if you seem to feel the actual flight, which less face it, is what you actually pay for, will be sub optimal).
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:33 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Lounge looks like it's open until 02:30 July and August. http://www.malagaairport.eu/airport/vip-lounge.php
Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by ukgooner
If comfort is your priority I'm not sure why you booked this service at all. The lack of lounge is the least of your worries (especially if you seem to feel the actual flight, which less face it, is what you actually pay for, will be sub optimal).
+1.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
It closes on the dot of 11pm.. Everybody leaves.

I fly out of malaga every 15/20 days and people are surprised when the announcements are made. I generally fly between 9pm and 11:30pm and fail to understand why anybody would chose to go later than that what with all the other options.
Old Apr 23, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
AGP lounge was rather appalling yesterday. Limited staff, no glasses, no food, tables full of plates and glasses that were dirty, (so that is where all the glassed were) indifferent staff attitude that seems to be more common latterly, shame as the lounge is airy and has promise but let down by indifference.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.