The White Company | Club World

Old Jul 4, 17, 4:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by choosethedrew View Post
Roll out from Autumn and one route only for some minor amenities change, amazing pace BA
That's an 'agile' business for you, make a decision to change and take, ermmm, a very long slog to get there rather than a 'sprint'!
Old Jul 4, 17, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by LeeT View Post
That's an 'agile' business for you, make a decision to change and take, ermmm, a very long slog to get there rather than a 'sprint'!
BoB was rolled out very quickly. #justsayin
Old Jul 4, 17, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC
This all looks like good news.

And will all the people that 'love' the current clamber-over seating be protesting at the change ?
Old Jul 4, 17, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
The wash bag in the photo looks like a proper wash bag and not a shoe bag.
Brilliant news as is the new bedding.
Old Jul 4, 17, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
And last but not least, you can look forward to a new Club World seat with direct aisle access in 2019.
Do we read this as the whole fleet will go direct aisle access(retro fitting...)?? Can't just refer to the couple of A350s arriving?!
Old Jul 4, 17, 5:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
For the first time in a while I was genuinely excited by a proper enhancement, but October 2018 is really pathetic. How many problems need to be "ironed out" for the introduction of a new blanket!
Old Jul 4, 17, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by mikeyfly View Post
Do we read this as the whole fleet will go direct aisle access(retro fitting...)??Can't just refer to the couple of A350s arriving?!
Absolutely not the whole fleet. My assumption would be new aircraft only in 2019. Perhaps also the old 777s at same time as retrofit to 3-4-3 in WT, but I wouldn't be on that.
Old Jul 4, 17, 5:35 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Some additional details about the rollout and partnership are here as well.

British Airways to Offer New Bedding and Amenities from the White Company in Club World Business Class

British Airways announced Tuesday that it will offer passengers in its Club World business-class cabin bedding and on-board amenities from the White Company, a British retailer.

The bedding will include a day cushion that doubles as a lumbar support when sitting, a large soft pillow with a white cotton pillowcase, a woven day blanket with satin trim, a padded mattress topper, and a duvet....

<SNIP>

I can't wait to see if AA does something similar in J given the JV.

Last edited by jspira; Jul 4, 17 at 5:58 pm Reason: per Rule 7: blog link removed (insufficient content)
Old Jul 4, 17, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by jspira View Post
Some additional details about the rollout and partnership are here as well.
With all due respect, there are no additional details there beyond those already on the BA website, as linked to on the first page of this thread.
Old Jul 4, 17, 5:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
With all due respect, there are no additional details there beyond those already on the BA website, as linked to on the first page of this thread.
Yeah but he doesn't get any readership if you don't go to the blog
Old Jul 4, 17, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
Originally Posted by bafan View Post
This all looks like good news.

And will all the people that 'love' the current clamber-over seating be protesting at the change ?
What the change to the bedding?

Or did you mean the proposed new seating as disclosed by Hemschmall

Looks alright to me, although I don't profess to love stepping over the aisle passenger just not keen on a foot coffin which appears to be the alternative.

Last edited by Jimmie76; Jul 4, 17 at 6:09 pm
Old Jul 12, 17, 3:26 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
The BA blurb on this: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...leepwellinthes

The White Company certainly likes to think of itself as a luxury brand.

The bedding sounds like a good improvement - and it matters less whose brand name is on it than that it exists at all, in particular the mattress topper.

The amenity kit sounds less good; The White Company has a very strong style of perfume, a lot of citrus and ozone sort of scent, rather than the less strongly scented Elemis products. So they'll suit some people very well and definitely not suit others, which is bad for a "one type fits all" product.

I'm sure it's a bit cheaper for BA to buy from an aspirational, but essentially cheaper, brand (The White Company) than an established, more expensive brand (Elemis).
Old Jul 12, 17, 3:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver, VS Silver, ITA Volare Premium, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier
Originally Posted by flatlander View Post
The BA blurb on this: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...leepwellinthes

The White Company certainly likes to think of itself as a luxury brand.

The bedding sounds like a good improvement - and it matters less whose brand name is on it than that it exists at all, in particular the mattress topper.

The amenity kit sounds less good; The White Company has a very strong style of perfume, a lot of citrus and ozone sort of scent, rather than the less strongly scented Elemis products. So they'll suit some people very well and definitely not suit others, which is bad for a "one type fits all" product.

I'm sure it's a bit cheaper for BA to buy from an aspirational, but essentially cheaper, brand (The White Company) than an established, more expensive brand (Elemis).
Agreed, The White Company smells are aggressively scented and a bit cheap-smelling IMO. I'm no big Elemis fan either but at least their products have a more natural earthy smell.
Old Jul 12, 17, 3:42 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, QR Insider, SQ Gold, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by Jimmie76 View Post
What the change to the bedding?

Or did you mean the proposed new seating as disclosed by Hemschmall

Looks alright to me, although I don't profess to love stepping over the aisle passenger just not keen on a foot coffin which appears to be the alternative.
Wasn't it reported that BA had ditched that concept, and were looking at alternative layouts?

M
Old Jul 12, 17, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Silver; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold; Hertz 5*; Starbucks Gold!
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
BoB was rolled out very quickly. #justsayin
Except for LCY, where they apparently can't work out the logistics.

Search this Thread