Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Someone nicking 20+ cans of beer from the F-lounge (got it on video)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Banana4321
Beergate: A Summary

Two males were observed removing free beer (estimated to be c.20 cans of an unknown brewer) from the First Lounge (South) at London Heathrow's Terminal 5 on Friday 30th June 2017 between the hours of noon and approximately 17:00. The two men are white and probably have in excess of 1600 Tier Points.

200 outraged posts on an airline-related online forum then wasted at least 1000 man-hours of British industry at a cost of over £100 due to middle-ranking executives having not much better to do than comment on this feat of potential drinking whilst being flown.

Anybody with any news on this treasonable crime should not bother calling CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111. A reward of 6 cans of beer is available should the original beer cans be recovered.

Police are uninterested in talking to anyone in the vicinity at the time.

Any BREAKING NEWS on this front-page story will be added to this wiki immediately it happens
Print Wikipost

Someone nicking 20+ cans of beer from the F-lounge (got it on video)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headingwest
I saw something similar once in Madrid, but they took the items to the bag - not the other way around!
These guys did both! This was the third(!) beer-run!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Shame! I doubt this is what BA had in mind with BOB

H
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:57 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Cannot see the video, but wondered if there was also a printer nearby?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Dreadful behaviour
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:04 pm

I think this is fine; you can nick anything from the lounges that you can get into a bag.

If Kazakh, this can include a bride 😜
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
Video not working for me in either format
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
It may be uncouth, but I don't think technically any rules were broken -- sure etiquette --
unless there's a sign posted that informs someone of (1) consumption limits or (2) prohibits them from removing items from the lounge.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:11 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
You made it onto VFTW. Congrats?
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:25 pm

There is no problem here, you can take what you want from a lounge provided it fits into your bag. If you are Kazakh and have a large bag this can include the dragons!
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: Delta KM/PM/MM, Nexus, CLEAR, Sharriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by madfish
Cannot see the video, but wondered if there was also a printer nearby?
There is. It's still there because the lads had only one duffle .

Atrocious.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by AKC6
There is. It's still there because the lads had only one duffle .

Atrocious.
Some will hopefully have realised what I was alluding to. Apologies for those for who this was perhaps not clear. See this thread for more details. A classic if ever there was one.

Some people have no manners
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Personally I couldn't care less - good luck to them. I don't drink and there are many threads on here where people sit in the lounge for hours on end quaffing the LPGS (or equivalent).

More important things to worry about than 10GBP worth of lager.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:37 pm

Bringing something from the lounge on a "lovely" BOB flight is certainly something not many people will object. But something usually isn't 20 beers for 2 pax

So yes, this is definitely something that should be cracked down. Otherwise, all those others that don't "overdue" will be punished.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:39 pm

Pretty outrageous behaviour but I'm not surprised in the slightest. It's a direct consequence of the dreadful BoB.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Discus
There were no other persons with them in the lounge.

And regarding over-using/removing items. What we end up with is plastic cups and beer and wine on tap as Gary is writing about here: http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....er-chips-bags/
Gosh! I hope you're getting a glow of righteousness spreading this around.

While I view the behaviour of the two as deeply tacky, I can't get as worked up about it as some have; and I am uneasy and uncomfortable about the role of the OP in filming the shebang and then running off to the lounge manager with it.

I'd have been mildly shocked to witness the audacity of the actions filmed, but I can't work up any moral outrage by that sort of tackiness. Nobody was hurt, no-one was in danger: I'd have got on with my own life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.