Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Someone nicking 20+ cans of beer from the F-lounge (got it on video)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Banana4321
Beergate: A Summary

Two males were observed removing free beer (estimated to be c.20 cans of an unknown brewer) from the First Lounge (South) at London Heathrow's Terminal 5 on Friday 30th June 2017 between the hours of noon and approximately 17:00. The two men are white and probably have in excess of 1600 Tier Points.

200 outraged posts on an airline-related online forum then wasted at least 1000 man-hours of British industry at a cost of over Ł100 due to middle-ranking executives having not much better to do than comment on this feat of potential drinking whilst being flown.

Anybody with any news on this treasonable crime should not bother calling CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111. A reward of 6 cans of beer is available should the original beer cans be recovered.

Police are uninterested in talking to anyone in the vicinity at the time.

Any BREAKING NEWS on this front-page story will be added to this wiki immediately it happens
Print Wikipost

Someone nicking 20+ cans of beer from the F-lounge (got it on video)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wonder if we could take the OP to court if he said here's a video of HIDDY along with his mate T8191 thieving beer from the lounge?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:02 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I wonder if we could take the OP to court if he said here's a video of HIDDY along with his mate T8191 thieving beer from the lounge?
I suspect you'd be in bigger trouble from your wives for leaving them in Wetherspoons and gallavanting off to cause mischief.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by smokie36
I suspect you'd be in bigger trouble from your wives for leaving them in Wetherspoons and gallavanting off to cause mischief.

T8191 is more a sweet Sherry man anyway...should have said PETER01 instead. At least he's baldy.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 7:41 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Just observed a couple in F Lounge ... guy kneels down to fridge (Spirits bar), opens Rucksack and starts loading soft Drinks into his bag, 8 to be precise. Then walks round to main buffett area and loads another bag with crisps. Then both walked out.

No shame ... No class
Old Jul 24, 2017, 9:35 am

Programs: BA, KL, DL
Is it explicitly written anywhere in the Condition of Carriage that it is prohibited to remove unopened beverages from a lounge? If not, then the chaps technically did nothing wrong
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
Just observed a couple in F Lounge ... guy kneels down to fridge (Spirits bar), opens Rucksack and starts loading soft Drinks into his bag, 8 to be precise. Then walks round to main buffett area and loads another bag with crisps. Then both walked out.

No shame ... No class
Agreed but maybe they are fist class passengers who read on another flyertalk thread that the flights to LAS sometimes run dry within an hour and your choice of food is often not available
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by TPloser
Agreed but maybe they are fist class passengers who read on another flyertalk thread that the flights to LAS sometimes run dry within an hour and your choice of food is often not available
Really? What reports that F runs out of drink after 1 hour and first choice is not often available?

Also LAS is now loaded again with drink in LAS, previously it was loaded for the whole rotation at LHR.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:23 am

They drank my unwanted beer

These guys are welcome to these drinks.
I neither drink in the lounge or on board, they are only consuming my yearly unwanted beverages!
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
Really? What reports that F runs out of drink after 1 hour and first choice is not often available?

Also LAS is now loaded again with drink in LAS, previously it was loaded for the whole rotation at LHR.
There are no F passengers in the F lounge.They are all in the CCR.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,

No shame ... No class
Only a matter of time before BA starts tagging items (like a supermarket) with electronic sensors on the lounge entrances ....
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

No shame ... No class
Why didn't you say something? At least shame them some.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by rapidex
There are no F passengers in the F lounge.They are all in the CCR.
I bet that's not entirely true. I'm hardly a frequent F traveller, but when I do I often prefer the Flounge to the CCR.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:50 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by ratechaser

As a fairly recently 'soft landed' silver, I can feel your pain. In fact, I heard that BA was considering rebranding Silver status in the UK to 'Just About Managing'
As a bronze for the last few years i must be on benefits or at least working tax credits?
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: BA Silver
Well the truth is finally emerging.

You golds really are a world apart, seems most of you learned how to accumulate tier points while serving time in the Scrubs.

I'm waiting for cws or golfmad to be busted by the lounge dragons for loading eggs bennies into tupperware boxes in the CCR.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
We can't easily acquire cans of drink and crisps from the CCR so we're forced to have to load up in the Flounge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.