Search

Unpublished vs published BA fares

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Unpublished vs published BA fares

Hi folks

I'm planning on booking a cheap WTP ticket (fare code T) to LAS. I want to upgrade one leg to CW using Avios (30k+taxes). Person in BA call centre said I needed to make sure it wasn't an unpublished fare because it's not upgrade- able.

I've done a google and the unpublished fares seem to be negotiated corporate rates or through travel agents so wouldn't apply as I would be booking directly on the BA website.

So, does anyone know what is the difference? Anything to watch out for?

Cheers FT'ers ^
Old Jul 2, 2017, 6:56 am

No need to watch out. Any revenue fare you book on the BA website is eligible for upgrade, subject to the usual class rules. If you book a BA Holidays package (flight + hotel/car) those aren't published fares but they are still upgradeable.

There have been a few queries about the new 'dual inventory' WTP fares that are available on BA.com. However as far as I'm aware, they are upgradeable using avios as with any other T fare.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
@LHRLGW, you might find this thread useful.

Upgrading IAD/BWI-LHR return WTP to Club

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.