Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

VPN not working in LGW Club Lounge [technical]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Hey,

I'm trying to use OpenVPN with a popular VPN provider. I've tried UDP and TCP on various ports (including 443) and it just appears to time out. It was working fine from home a couple of hours ago.

Does anyone know if there's something about this wifi network that could cause problems?

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I know VPN can work there, at least with the VPN package I use, so it's not a total block. There are places where I have to reconfigure the ports, but that isn't one of them.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:41 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by switch007
Hey,

I'm trying to use OpenVPN with a popular VPN provider. I've tried UDP and TCP on various ports (including 443) and it just appears to time out. It was working fine from home a couple of hours ago.

Does anyone know if there's something about this wifi network that could cause problems?

Thanks!
Can you access the internet? Sounds like a daft question but many wifi hotspots make you accept a terms and conditions page before you can actually get access to everything . Try opening an unsecure website like http://www.bbc.co.uk or something then when that loads use the VPN again and you should be good
Old Jul 1, 2017, 8:54 am
bil

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by switch007
Hey,

Thanks!
I couldn't connect to the University VPN myself in my last visit to the BA Galleries lounge. It might be deactivated.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 9:00 am

Not massively helpful but ive just connected via openvpn (tcp/443) on the lounge wifi from LHR.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: BA Gold, ex-BD Gold, SPG Gold, HH Gold
I've sometimes had issues in GF with my employer's VPN, when there lounge is busy.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 3:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Silver, Marriot Gold
Please try it with ipv6 disabled. Change the port to one that's not blocked, a list of blcoked ports is here. The provider they use is cloud source.
Also, If you unplug a PC there is no security on that Ethernet connections, they are done on the PC level for some reason and goes through a different subnet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.