Wiki Posts
Search

BA to Jetstar Asia at Singapore

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2017, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: I am a lowly ant
BA to Jetstar Asia at Singapore

My son (15 y.o.) is booked BA15 LHR-SIN then on to KNO on Jetstar (3K287).

Is there no special handling whatsoever for a child during the journey?

At SIN it seems that it's the same terminal (there is a 2 hr 50 minute connection time), so he just needs to find his gate for Jetstar to Medan?
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:13 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
BA will interline the bags but probably not issue the Jetstar boarding pass. He'll need to go to the Jetstar transfer desk. Worth explaining to him that SIN is slight different from most airports in that you disembark right into the departures area.

No unaccompanied minors service anymore.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
BA will interline the bags but probably not issue the Jetstar boarding pass. He'll need to go to the Jetstar transfer desk. Worth explaining to him that SIN is slight different from most airports in that you disembark right into the departures area.

No unaccompanied minors service anymore.
Thats assuming it's one ticket. If not then there will be no interlining.

Connecting at SIN is pretty effortless as arriving and departing passengers mix so he really just needs to find his gate assuming it's one ticket. Boarding pass can be downloaded beforehand.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Does somebody know how to find someone whose not a moron at T5?

My wife is Indonesian (hence a doormat) so has accepted the crap from the check-in woman (I am in Indonesia) and my son is distressed because they have said he needs to collect his bag in Singapore clear immigration etc., because they can't be bothered to work out how to check through the bag to Medan.

Really quite disgraceful.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:17 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Is the Jetstar service on the same PNR / Ticket ?

If not, I fear you have a problem.

Jetstar is not in the OneWorld alliance, and BA have pretty much stopped interlining (ie check thru baggage), even if you have separate tickets on BA, so expecting them to transfer to Jetstar is probably very wishful thinking.

Hand Baggage Only (HBO) is the way to go. Easier said than done, admittedly.

I wish I knew how to resolve this, as I will have a similar issue on a future trip LHR-SIN-DRW.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PWOZUK
Is the Jetstar service on the same PNR / Ticket ?
Yes of course it is.

I bought a ticket from BA to Medan.

Not to Singapore.

One ticket, one PNR, the idiot in the airport was claiming she couldn't see the ticket to Medan.

Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:20 pm

On a postive note, the 2hour 50 minute connection time should (just) allow enough time to get landside, collect bags and re-check. In my experience bags are off pretty quickly, and Immigration is not too bad.

Your 15 yo is going to learn to grow up fast! I'm sure he will cope, although be warned, SIN is a BIG airport, so if in doubt, tell him to ASK for help when he arrives.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:25 pm

Sorry - did not see your PNR post before my last reply.

You are in a much stronger postion with the one PNR.

If your son is now airside, with bags checked only to SIN, it might be worth his while finding the BA help desk airside and see if they can help. There is one central in T5 near the escalators down to the shuttle train to B and C gates.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Apparently she found a second person, and he said that they had in fact checked the bags through, he just needs to collect a boarding pass at the transit desk in SIN. The first check-in lady was apparently in a hurry as it was the end of her shift.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 1:31 pm

Phew

just found the link for Jetstar which states

Please be aware that we don’t transfer your baggage between flights. However, there are some exceptions:

Connecting international Jetstar flights and flights with our partner airlines (see list below), where both international flights were purchased on the same booking

http://www.jetstar.com/au/en/help/ar...gage-transfers

So BA should (and as you say did eventually) check the bags through.

Hope he has a great trip.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:51 pm

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by meester69
Apparently she found a second person, and he said that they had in fact checked the bags through, he just needs to collect a boarding pass at the transit desk in SIN. The first check-in lady was apparently in a hurry as it was the end of her shift.
Wow that should be a cause for complaint
Old Jul 7, 2017, 3:32 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Yup BA has ticketing through to a bunch of Indo destinations including DPS and KNO and I've never heard of issues before. They can also use GA - maybe worth looking at in future. I've always found check in staff at Medan helpful so you've found a particularly unhelpful specimen.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Yup BA has ticketing through to a bunch of Indo destinations including DPS and KNO and I've never heard of issues before. They can also use GA - maybe worth looking at in future. I've always found check in staff at Medan helpful so you've found a particularly unhelpful specimen.
Nah this was check-in at Heathrow, where unhelpful specimens are common.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 5:03 am

This is the second report in a few days of check-in agents at LHR being useless at interlining bags to other carriers on the same ticket. See also here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...-question.html

It really should not be difficult from them to do this, even if it involves a bit of clicking around if Fly doesn't do it automatically. The policy is clear: one ticket = through check.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:12 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

well, if one were really to clear customs and immigration in Changi Singapore, it shouldn't be too hard considering how effortless the airport is. There tends to be short or no lines for immigration and security, so it shouldn't be so big of a problem assuming that BA doesnt delay the flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.