Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Operated BA Flight Information - During MF Strike

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TCX69
Links to flights being operated by the 9 Qatar Planes can be found below starting from 1st July 2017.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ada
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adb
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adc
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-add
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ade
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adf
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adg
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adi
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-laa

Seems like charter airline "Hifly Malta" is also being used

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-jai
A7–ADA
1/Jul:
BA388 LHR–BRU
BA391 BRU–LHR

2/Jul:
BA848 LHR–ZAG
BA849 ZAG–LHR
BA966 LHR–HAM
BA966 HAM–LHR

A7–ADB
1/Jul:
BA948 LHR–MUC
BA949 MUC–LHR
BA356 LHR–NCE
BA357 NCE–LHR

2/Jul:
BA776 LHR–ARN
BA777 ARN–LHR
BA440 LHR–AMS
BA441 AMS–LHR

A7–ADC
1/Jul:
BA761 LHR–OSL
BA762 OSL–LHR
BA872 LHR–KRK
BA873 KRK–LHR

2/Jul:
BA948 LHR–MUC
BA949 MUC–LHR
BA356 LHR–NCE
BA357 NCE–LHR

A7–ADD
1/Jul:
BA890 LHR–SOF
BA891 SOF–LHR
BA464 LHR–MAD
BA464 MAD–LHR

2/Jul:
BA1474 LHR–GLA
BA1479 GLA–LHR
BA872 LHR–KRK
BA873 KRK–LHR

A7–ADE
1/Jul:
Nil

2/Jul:
BA882 LHR–KBP
BA883 KBP–LHR

A7–ADF
1/Jul:
BA882 LHR–KBP
BA883 KBP–LHR

2/Jul:
BA416 LHR–LUX
BA417 LUX–LHR
BA850 LHR–WAW
BA851 WAW–LHR

A7–ADG
1/Jul:
BA848 LHR–ZAG
BA849 ZAG–LHR

2/Jul:
BA480 LHR–BCN
BA481 BCN–LHR

A7–ADI
1/Jul:
Nil

2/Jul:
BA696 LHR–VIE
BA697 VIE–LHR
BA704 LHR–VIE
BA704 VIE–LHR

A7–LAA
1/Jul:
BA710 LHR–ZRH
BA711 ZRH–LHR
BA876 LHR–TLL
BA877 TLL–LHR

2/Jul:
BA846 LHR–WAW
BA847 WAW–LHR
BA418 LHR–LUX
BA419 LUX–LHR

CS–TQZ (HiFly A343)
2/Jul:
BA1438 LHR–EDI
BA1443 EDI–LHR
BA348 LHR–NCE
BA348 NCE–LHR

9H–JAI (HiFly Malta A343)
2/Jul:
BA632 LHR–ATH
BA633 ATH–LHR
Print Wikipost

Qatar Operated BA Flight Information - During MF Strike

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Slightly lateral from the main thread but I noticed today that the BA 235 LHR-DME was operated by a S/h frame G-EUUA. Don't know if this related to the strike or not but I would imagine a QR frame may have been more acceptable for the J class pax rather than a CE layout.

S
As today is not a strike day,BA is not permitted to charter the QR frames under the exemption agreement.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AmEx Platinum, AVIS Presidents Club, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by rapidex
As today is not a strike day,BA is not permitted to charter the QR frames under the exemption agreement.
I was told today was a strike day?
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:58 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by rapidex
Originally Posted by HarryKUK
I was told today was a strike day?
As did I. It's in the wiki on the strike thread 1-16 July. I read that as inclusive.

S
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:03 pm

I understood under the information given to the CAA it was a 2 week strike 1st to 15th july.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:07 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
From the BA website:Industrial action by Mixed Fleet Unite – 1 July to 16 July

Answer Id 5783 Updated 10/07/2017 01.54 PM (UK time)
Summary
All British Airways customers will be able to fly to their destinations, despite the industrial action by Mixed Fleet Unite between Saturday 1 July and Sunday 16 July (inclusive).

The union represents one of our five cabin crew fleets.

S
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:09 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Here we go, from the Unite website http://www.unitetheunion.org/news/ba...g-accusations/

When is a 2 week strike not a 2 week strike? When it is actually for 16 days! No wonder it is misleading when it is discussed as a 2 week strike.

In addition to the strike from 00:01 Saturday 1 July to 23:59 Sunday 16 July, Unite said it would ‘vigorously’ pursue legal action against British Airways to the ‘highest court in the land’ on behalf of 1,400 cabin crew, who were sanctioned for taking strike action in a long running pay dispute.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:11 pm

Thanks KARFA I thought I saw a 2 week strike.However it seems an elastic 2 weeks.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 1:37 pm

Perhaps BA was being risk averse.If they flew a QR frame to DME then had a tech problem,they might not be able to get it back before midnight.Whereas uning them on short European sectors no such problem would arise.

There may be many other reasons,only BA would know.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Saltire74
Slightly lateral from the main thread but I noticed today that the BA 235 LHR-DME was operated by a S/h frame G-EUUA. Don't know if this related to the strike or not but I would imagine a QR frame may have been more acceptable for the J class pax rather than a CE layout.

S
To be honest I doubt BA management care what pax think about the difference between CE and Qatar J.

They are more likely to have wanted to avoid "downgrades" to the Y cabin, which could trigger EC 261/2004 payments. (Whereas they do not recognize Club World to Club Europe is a downgrade.)
Old Aug 6, 2017, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
Which reg is the Al Maha plane to be avoided?
Why is the Al Maha plane to be avoided?
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Bronze, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Luke01
Why is the Al Maha plane to be avoided?
I've got the A7-LAA tomorrow to ARN by the looks of it. I'll report back - from the photos earlier in the thread it still looks a rather better offering than CE on BA!
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by dpfs
I've got the A7-LAA tomorrow to ARN by the looks of it. I'll report back - from the photos earlier in the thread it still looks a rather better offering than CE on BA!
You can look forward to the seat!

Old Aug 9, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, IHG Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold
I had the Al Maha A7-LAA today. Going LHR to ARN. While I can't compare it to the other Qatar planes on wet lease, I couldn't fault it in its own right.

Was an hour late taking off due to it arriving late from Kiev. I was sitting in 3D, the last row of business.

The seat was wide and the legroom plentiful. The food was, I think, Qatar fare. The starter was a large prawn on a bed of sliced melon. Cheese and biscuits and the chocolate dessert were served with the starter.

The main course was a choice of fish or chicken. I had fish, which was with a green pea mash and grilled vegetables. Very tasty.

The beverage choices were juice, small cans (coke etc), beer, red, white, champagne. No G&T was offered and I didn't ask so I assume that drinks was a Qatar array as well. I didn't see what was offered in economy beyond the cans.

Slightly oddly, the condiments, glasses, cutlery, serviettes and even lavatory tissues were BA branded.

The cabin crew were very efficient and keen to top up glasses. However I think they did become distracted by requests for top ups as the plentiful basket of bread rolls were only offered to the front row and never made it back any further.

All in all a very nice and interesting flight. Not bad for a reward saver redemption!
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by dpfs
I had the Al Maha A7-LAA today. Going LHR to ARN. While I can't compare it to the other Qatar planes on wet lease, I couldn't fault it in its own right.

Was an hour late taking off due to it arriving late from Kiev. I was sitting in 3D, the last row of business.

The seat was wide and the legroom plentiful. The food was, I think, Qatar fare. The starter was a large prawn on a bed of sliced melon. Cheese and biscuits and the chocolate dessert were served with the starter.

The main course was a choice of fish or chicken. I had fish, which was with a green pea mash and grilled vegetables. Very tasty.

The beverage choices were juice, small cans (coke etc), beer, red, white, champagne. No G&T was offered and I didn't ask so I assume that drinks was a Qatar array as well.
I didn't see what was offered in economy beyond the cans.

Slightly oddly, the condiments, glasses, cutlery, serviettes and even lavatory tissues were BA branded.

The cabin crew were very efficient and keen to top up glasses. However I think they did become distracted by requests for top ups as the plentiful basket of bread rolls were only offered to the front row and never made it back any further.

All in all a very nice and interesting flight. Not bad for a reward saver redemption!
In Club Europe the catering is the standard BA catering found on BA operated CE flights.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:54 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
In Club Europe the catering is the standard BA catering found on BA operated CE flights.
Yup, that looks like the typical long route service on the new BA CE, which Kiev would fit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.