Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Qatar Operated BA Flight Information - During MF Strike

Qatar Operated BA Flight Information - During MF Strike

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 1, 17, 8:08 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: TCX69
Wiki Link
Links to flights being operated by the 9 Qatar Planes can be found below starting from 1st July 2017.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ada
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adb
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adc
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-add
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-ade
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adf
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adg
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-adi
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/a7-laa

Seems like charter airline "Hifly Malta" is also being used

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/9h-jai
A7–ADA
1/Jul:
BA388 LHR–BRU
BA391 BRU–LHR

2/Jul:
BA848 LHR–ZAG
BA849 ZAG–LHR
BA966 LHR–HAM
BA966 HAM–LHR

A7–ADB
1/Jul:
BA948 LHR–MUC
BA949 MUC–LHR
BA356 LHR–NCE
BA357 NCE–LHR

2/Jul:
BA776 LHR–ARN
BA777 ARN–LHR
BA440 LHR–AMS
BA441 AMS–LHR

A7–ADC
1/Jul:
BA761 LHR–OSL
BA762 OSL–LHR
BA872 LHR–KRK
BA873 KRK–LHR

2/Jul:
BA948 LHR–MUC
BA949 MUC–LHR
BA356 LHR–NCE
BA357 NCE–LHR

A7–ADD
1/Jul:
BA890 LHR–SOF
BA891 SOF–LHR
BA464 LHR–MAD
BA464 MAD–LHR

2/Jul:
BA1474 LHR–GLA
BA1479 GLA–LHR
BA872 LHR–KRK
BA873 KRK–LHR

A7–ADE
1/Jul:
Nil

2/Jul:
BA882 LHR–KBP
BA883 KBP–LHR

A7–ADF
1/Jul:
BA882 LHR–KBP
BA883 KBP–LHR

2/Jul:
BA416 LHR–LUX
BA417 LUX–LHR
BA850 LHR–WAW
BA851 WAW–LHR

A7–ADG
1/Jul:
BA848 LHR–ZAG
BA849 ZAG–LHR

2/Jul:
BA480 LHR–BCN
BA481 BCN–LHR

A7–ADI
1/Jul:
Nil

2/Jul:
BA696 LHR–VIE
BA697 VIE–LHR
BA704 LHR–VIE
BA704 VIE–LHR

A7–LAA
1/Jul:
BA710 LHR–ZRH
BA711 ZRH–LHR
BA876 LHR–TLL
BA877 TLL–LHR

2/Jul:
BA846 LHR–WAW
BA847 WAW–LHR
BA418 LHR–LUX
BA419 LUX–LHR

CS–TQZ (HiFly A343)
2/Jul:
BA1438 LHR–EDI
BA1443 EDI–LHR
BA348 LHR–NCE
BA348 NCE–LHR

9H–JAI (HiFly Malta A343)
2/Jul:
BA632 LHR–ATH
BA633 ATH–LHR
Print Wikipost

Old Jul 6, 17, 7:33 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BA
Posts: 9,527
There is no extraordinary circumstance clause re downgrades.
BA6501 is offline  
Old Jul 6, 17, 7:53 am
  #47  
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: London N8
Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Posts: 663
Ok thanks - so that should be 3/4s of the fare paid I think?
ScruttonStreet is online now  
Old Jul 6, 17, 8:10 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BA
Posts: 9,527
30% up to 1500km, 50% up to 3500km, 75% for longer flights, of the total amount for that sector minus government taxes.
BA6501 is offline  
Old Jul 6, 17, 11:11 am
  #49  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Posts: 566
Originally Posted by theox View Post
Does anyone know what rotations are operating tomorrow? (7 July). Seems to be the same PRG rotation - I'm on BA861 in club and was hoping they might go on that one - and there aren't any avios seats on the next which i think will be the QR based on current trends!
From ExpertFlyer... BA861 tomorrow is on a BA A320 and the later 20:20 flight BA857 is on QR metal as you rightly suggested.
CloudGazer is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 5:05 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: UK London / Salisbury
Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Posts: 515
Just arrived in ZAG on QR operated flight from LHR. Good service. Only complaint is the breakfast was a chicken sausage with egg. Assume they can't / won't serve pork. Ghastly insipid thing. Isn't chicken sausage an oxymoron anyway?!
brentford77 is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 6:35 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: London, Istanbul
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 557
Travelled on the QR operated BA 675 from IST this morning in Y and a pleasant experience it was to. Complimentary hot sandwich , similar if not the same as the one TK on its shorter routes with orange juice , tea/ coffee and for those that wanted it drinks from the bar ( including booze).
Crew had a fair bit to deal with with people being kicked out of pre selected sears due to the change in aircraft but handled it well.
I noticed the club Europe toilets were strictly verboten to those of us down the back and the curtain divide remained closed with a crew member standing in front of it to allow club pax of first.
lcyguy is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 6:50 am
  #52  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LHR/ATH
Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver), BA Blue
Posts: 2,763
Originally Posted by lcyguy View Post
Travelled on the QR operated BA 675 from IST this morning in Y and a pleasant experience it was to. Complimentary hot sandwich , similar if not the same as the one TK on its shorter routes with orange juice , tea/ coffee and for those that wanted it drinks from the bar ( including booze).
Crew had a fair bit to deal with with people being kicked out of pre selected sears due to the change in aircraft but handled it well.
I noticed the club Europe toilets were strictly verboten to those of us down the back and the curtain divide remained closed with a crew member standing in front of it to allow club pax of first.
Wow so I assume some passengers hope that BA MF will strike forever as they would rather fly QR operated flights than BA ones in ET!
ahmetdouas is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 10:09 am
  #53  
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: E
Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
Posts: 4,452
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas View Post
Wow so I assume some passengers hope that BA MF will strike forever as they would rather fly QR operated flights than BA ones in ET!
Slight change of your statement:

I assume some passengers hope that BA short haul will strike forever as they would rather fly QR operated flights in Y than BA ones in CE!
chongcao is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 10:15 am
  #54  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Global!
Programs: QRPC Gold
Posts: 231
For those hoping to use avios to take a QR BA flight... I tried to change my BA flight PRG to LHR for the next flight operated by QR. Avios told me they are not allowed to sell this flight to be bought with avios as it's now operated by Qatar airways codeshare not BA. They would honour an existing booking but can't take new ones on QR metal! It was a long shot of course... but dammit!
theox is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 11:29 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BA
Posts: 9,527
Um... I'd hang up and call again, it's a similar scenario to the Jettime wetleases previously. Only thing that might be a (temporary, until escalated) issue is the lack of RFS.

Did you call Avios or BAEC?
BA6501 is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 12:40 pm
  #56  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,775
Originally Posted by chongcao View Post
Slight change of your statement:

I assume some passengers hope that BA short haul will strike forever as they would rather fly QR operated flights in Y than BA ones in CE!
Of course, on FT many will take anything for nothing.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 1:29 pm
  #57  
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: London
Posts: 16,769
Originally Posted by theox View Post
For those hoping to use avios to take a QR BA flight... I tried to change my BA flight PRG to LHR for the next flight operated by QR. Avios told me they are not allowed to sell this flight to be bought with avios as it's now operated by Qatar airways codeshare not BA. They would honour an existing booking but can't take new ones on QR metal! It was a long shot of course... but dammit!
It is not a codeshare. QR are operating it for BA. Like when BA CityFlyer Limited (CJ) operate flights from London City for BA.
Calchas is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 4:42 pm
  #58  
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Posts: 910
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK View Post
Of course, on FT many will take anything for nothing.
I am just amazed that you prefer paying for BoB than having complementary service like most of the travelers.
BA6948 is offline  
Old Jul 7, 17, 5:13 pm
  #59  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: UK/Las Vegas
Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Posts: 12,775
Originally Posted by BA6948 View Post
I am just amazed that you prefer paying for BoB than having complementary service like most of the travelers.
And I'm amazed you can put those words in my mouth.
Tobias-UK is offline  
Old Jul 8, 17, 2:54 am
  #60  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Global!
Programs: QRPC Gold
Posts: 231
calchas I know it's not a codeshare !! Try telling them that! I actually did call twice too and speak to two separate agents with the same line. It's not eligible for avios booking unless already booked !

I called avios on their line and also asked at the airport . It was a booking made through avios.
theox is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: