CCR instead of arrivals lounge

Old Jun 29, 17, 6:47 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Posts: 876
CCR instead of arrivals lounge

Hi

I'm flying in from BOS to LHR in F and have a connecting flight out of T5 on BA in Y (domestic UK) can I use the CCR instead of the arrivals lounge, I'll have a same day F boarding pass from BOS? The lounge guide seems to say it's doable... but.

Cheers
Dino2020 is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 6:49 pm
  #2  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N/A
Programs: Go Fish
Posts: 5,228
Of course you can use CCR
nufnuf77 is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 6:59 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Posts: 876
Originally Posted by nufnuf77 View Post
Of course you can use CCR
Many thanks, thinking about it will be previous day boarding pass as flights through the night, guessing that there will be no resistance to this as its still my previous flight?
Dino2020 is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 7:06 pm
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Juneau, Alaska.
Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Posts: 13,525
Originally Posted by Dino2020 View Post
Many thanks, thinking about it will be previous day boarding pass as flights through the night, guessing that there will be no resistance to this as its still my previous flight?
You are entitled to access based upon that F flight, so there should be no resistance. Just keep your F boarding pass and show that at the CCR if they ask.
jerry a. laska is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 7:06 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 4,496
Originally Posted by Dino2020 View Post
Many thanks, thinking about it will be previous day boarding pass as flights through the night, guessing that there will be no resistance to this as its still my previous flight?
Correct.
worldtrav is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 7:09 pm
  #6  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Posts: 876
^^^^^
Dino2020 is offline  
Old Jun 29, 17, 8:06 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 698
Sometimes there are shorter queues for the showers at the arrivals lounge, if you think you'll need one.

If your connection is 90+ minutes, it shouldn't matter as you can check in for a shower near the CCR and they'll call you when one is ready.
MarkFlies is offline  
Old Jun 30, 17, 12:03 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Programs: BA, Amex, IHG
Posts: 221
Originally Posted by Dino2020 View Post
I'm flying in from BOS to LHR in F and have a connecting flight out of T5 on BA in Y (domestic UK)
Won't the connecting domestic flight be Club Europe based on an inbound F?
MrGatch is offline  
Old Jun 30, 17, 3:41 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Programs: Mucci, BA
Posts: 9,656
Yes unless it wasn't available.
BA6501 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 17, 4:30 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: May 2008
Programs: GGL
Posts: 174
You may have a better shot of getting a shower quickly in the arrivals lounge and you can breeze through security using the First Wing. There is CCR dining in the arrivals lounge too. You will have to enter the UK which may slow things up.
cjb666 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 17, 9:50 am
  #11  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Posts: 876
Originally Posted by MarkFlies View Post
Sometimes there are shorter queues for the showers at the arrivals lounge, if you think you'll need one.

If your connection is 90+ minutes, it shouldn't matter as you can check in for a shower near the CCR and they'll call you when one is ready.
Thanks guys, we have 110 mins so hopefully enough time for a meal in the CCR and a shower before we head to the gate.

Can anyone advise on the best way to get across T5? We are flying in from BOS on an A380 which looks to put us at T5C and then have a UK domestic flight which puts us at 5A? We want to use the CCR for a quick meal and freshen up but a bit unsure on the best way to do this, different levels with lifts, TTR or walking back via a tunnel, i'm somewhat confused..
Dino2020 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 17, 9:58 am
  #12  
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Posts: 12,551
Originally Posted by Dino2020 View Post
Thanks guys, we have 110 mins so hopefully enough time for a meal in the CCR and a shower before we head to the gate.

Can anyone advise on the best way to get across T5? We are flying in from BOS on an A380 which looks to put us at T5C and then have a UK domestic flight which puts us at 5A? We want to use the CCR for a quick meal and freshen up but a bit unsure on the best way to do this, different levels with lifts, TTR or walking back via a tunnel, i'm somewhat confused..
From T5C just take the normal transfer route, train to T5A then follow flight connections.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ng-lhr-t5.html
nux is offline  
Old Jun 30, 17, 10:01 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 698
On arrival at T5C, you're in the arrivals stream. If you're not familiar with LHR, follow the crowd to the transit train from T5C to T5B to T5A. Leave the passageways for another time. Then take the lifts upstairs and then look for the UK connections signs.

Next you'll have UK immigration (passports needed), then a security check (caution with liquids).

After security turn right and stay on that level. Walk all the way along to the end and you'll be at millionaire's door which leads to the CCR.

Ask for directions to the showers, very near, for which there might be no queue but if there is they'll give you a buzzer so you can enjoy the lounge while you wait.

Your departure gate will be no more than a 10 minute walk away in T5A.

Enjoy!
MarkFlies is offline  
Old Jun 30, 17, 10:05 am
  #14  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: UK
Programs: Platinum Royal Ambassador,GC Elite,HH Gold,DC Gold,*A Gold
Posts: 876
Originally Posted by nux View Post
From T5C just take the normal transfer route, train to T5A then follow flight connections.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ng-lhr-t5.html
To walk back from C Gates to B Gates or A Gates

Take the TTS lift down to level 2, at the end of the platform there's a door, with a button next to it to open the door, use this to get in to the TTS walkway.

Do you need to re-clear security for either of these options?
No, you do not reclear security, that's the whole point of avoiding a train arrival into T5A.
This option is no longer valid then?
Dino2020 is offline  
Old Jun 30, 17, 10:09 am
  #15  
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 31,370
Originally Posted by Dino2020 View Post
This option is no longer valid then?
No. That's if you are in the departures area. There is a separate walkway for departure stream and arrivals stream.

If you are in the arrivals stream then to get to T5A from C either take they transit or walk using the passageway (you will see the stairs down to the passageway when you are on the platform for the transit). You emerge at the same place and go up to the arrivals/connections area. Just follow MarkFlies instructions.
KARFA is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: