Wiki Posts
Search

LCY catering changes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AMEX Platinum
LCY catering changes

On the EDI-LCY this morning in Euro Traveller, looking forward to a change from BOB and a 'full' english, only to get offered a tiny bacon roll and eventually a coffee.

Any idea what's going on with LCY SH catering; I'd heard they're eventually going to BOB but disappointed with the 'enhancements' in the meantime; not sure if there was a catering issue, or this reduction is the way forward!

Last edited by fudgeukraine; Jun 28, 2017 at 7:01 am
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fudgeukraine
On the EDI-LHR this morning, looking forward to a change from BOB and a 'full' english, only to get offered a tiny bacon roll and eventually a coffee.

Any idea what's going on with LCY SH catering; I'd heard they're eventually going to BOB but disappointed with the 'enhancements' in the meantime; not sure if there was a catering issue, or this reduction is the way forward!
You were on EDI-LHR or EDI-LCY? In CE?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, AMEX Platinum
My bad! EDI-LCY, and just on euro traveller, I'll edit the post
Old Jun 28, 2017, 8:33 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
This is a side effect of the introduction of Club Europe on this and all domestic services. In the case of BACF services you now need to be in CE to get a full hot breakfast. More details in the main CE meals thread. This changed in April.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 9:48 am

it has been like this for a while - I normally ask for the fruit and yogurt which is ok
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I believe that BOB will be introduced to LCY routes sometime during the summer.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TheOldMan
I believe that BOB will be introduced to LCY routes sometime during the summer.
Summer being September or (more likely) October.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
I am just looking forward for the disaster that will happen. A CC for CE and just only one for ET cabin doing both service and payment. It is going to be fun.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 10:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Priority Club Gold, Herts Pres Circle
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Summer being September or (more likely) October.
I was told October on a recent trip
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by MHendo84
I was told October on a recent trip
Why don't they just bin the BoB idea for LCY altogether? The volumes on CityFlyer must be tiny compared to mainline, so any marginal cost saving wouldn't add up to much. The logistics are clearly a pain, and since LCY is already a more "premium" experience than LGW or LHR, it would make sense for the product to remain slightly improved. And with no lounge or priority security/boarding, there's not much incentive for status-holders to use BA over anyone else at LCY as it is.

Keeping the status quo seems most logical to me...
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
We can only hope, Deltus

How is the Club service going to work on the shorter "long" flights with one dedicated CC (eg IBZ) assuming the other is trapped with the BoB trolley? It already seems to be a struggle with two on the likes of LIS and HEL
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by Deltus
Why don't they just bin the BoB idea for LCY altogether? The volumes on CityFlyer must be tiny compared to mainline, so any marginal cost saving wouldn't add up to much. The logistics are clearly a pain, and since LCY is already a more "premium" experience than LGW or LHR, it would make sense for the product to remain slightly improved. And with no lounge or priority security/boarding, there's not much incentive for status-holders to use BA over anyone else at LCY as it is.

Not sure I'd describe LCY as more premium unless you regard rushing on to a plane at the last minute as there is so little at LCY as a premium experience?

Personally I have always found LCY underwhelming. If its location is handy for you, you are travelling for work and want to minimise journey time, it has some advantages. But I would describe it as down market in comparison to LGW or LHR in terms of facilities, retail, food and beverage, lounges. Its ambience also has all the charm of a 70s municipal bus station.

Apart from that I live LCY!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
Why don't they just bin the BoB idea for LCY altogether?

Nice idea - but it would of course be totally wrong of BA to do as you suggest.

You surely wouldn't want Mr. Cruz to leave himself open to accusations of ignoring overwhelming customer feedback ..... ?

I refer of course to the feedback that speaks of serious disenchantment with complimentary ET catering, coupled with a strong preference to pay for all food & drink, ŕ la LCC, rather than have it provided within the ticket price, as was once the case with all traditional full-service carriers ; and still is with many.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:28 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FrancisA
Not sure I'd describe LCY as more premium unless you regard rushing on to a plane at the last minute as there is so little at LCY as a premium experience?
Yeah, but not a problem if you're flying in!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 11:55 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
LCY all the way. It hasn't forgotten it's an airport with usually prompt check-in, security and boarding rather than a shopping arcade or tired lounge to while away your life.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.